Bad batch of infusion sets

Ok, here goes my first blog…So I’ve had t1 41 years, and been on the pump since approx 1989, you’d think I could figure things out better by now. I have an accu-check spirit, and i’ve always used mini-med sof-sets. I normally change every 3 days, but the past month, i’m lucky if i can go 2days without changing my set. i thought it might be something changing in my skin or something, because God knows a lot of crazy things have been going on in my bod the past couple of years (i’m 53), and my skin in general has been getting so sensitive…so, last thursday, when i’d changed my set 4 days in a row because of high bg and tenderness, i said (expletive), i’m going to start fresh here - new cartridge, new bottle of insulin, and different lot number box of sets. i can’t tell you how much better i felt the next day. the same thing happened to me once before, a long time ago, but i think i figured it out before i’d used 18 sets! i’m sure most of you probably don’t use anything as ancient as sof-sets, but the lot number was 620704. anyway, i’m sure it happened for one good reason: looking around the internet for info/support on the big D as a result of this depressing last couple of weeks led me to tudiabetes…