Be prepared + know your rights: your guide to protesting with diabetes

For what it’s worth, the original post says nothing about Black Lives Matter. It did leave the political out of it, if you actually read the post. It’s generic advice for protesters. Yes, it’s being posted at this moment because unprecedented amounts of people are being moved by civil injustice to protest—in my city, we had by far the largest ever protest in its history occur. So in that sense, it makes sense to post now simply because of the number of people and number of locations (worldwide) this is simultaneously occurring in. I agree with @katers87 that drawing a parallel between a hate group and a civil rights protest is pretty appalling and something you may want to rethink if you wish to make your point compellingly.

Can you please point out exactly what content in this thread is political and would not be applicable to any protest, regardless of the content of the protest? Before you yourself brought political content into it?

1 Like

Its here, @John_S2. First identified case from a student I know who was at the protests. No formal test results yet, but symptoms indicative. Here comes the 2nd wave ■■■■ storm…

These Protests are political. It is almost political by definition with the current affairs.
Also, do not EVER accuse me of being of a group. Especially any of those. I used those names with disdain and detest what they are and stand for. As extreme examples of how far you can argue your points.

Again, this is a HEALTH forum. Please keep it that way.
Otherwise you will lose (already have,) a group of people that might believe something different from you, but choose not to bring that into this arena. I have a lot of views that I do not express because they are not proper for this forum. Just like I do not talk about diabetes in my car forums, etc. It is just not the place for it. I think it is pretty simple.

Also, don’t attack someone you don’t know. I am trying to be very polite and civil. You do not know what I stand for and what I am against. And honestly, I think more of us should keep it this way. We are talking about diabetes, not all these other things.
This is what makes this site/forum so great! I don’t want to lose this.

Again, this guide was provided for protesting broadly. It does not name any specific protests or their causes. If you wish to apply them to protesting the lockdown, for example, you certainly could.

The original post was about HEALTH. Health intersects with any other activities we perform. That’s like saying you should post about how to take care of your diabetes during work, hobbies, etc because this is a HEALTH forum and those aren’t directly related to HEALTH. Health care is about maintaining health across all activities. (By the way, I have a doctorate in healthcare, so I do know something about this.)

I didn’t. I am being polite and civil. I have made no personal attacks, merely responded to your own rhetorical points with my own. You seem to be reading many things into this thread that are not there. Maybe it would indeed be good to step back if it is too much.

So I don’t know anything about car forums or why one would participate. However, I can see why an individual may bring up their interest in cars on TUD.

Let’s say that Joe, a guy with diabetes, has a classic car that he loves and that he enjoys working on in his free time. But Joe found that it was difficult to maintain his bg levels while working on his car, and despite his best efforts, he kept dropping low.

That seems like a perfect time to talk in depth about what he does while working on cars that puts his health at risk. He can post here and people could help him find ways to manage his bg levels and maintain his health while still living his life in the way he wants.

If this thread bothers you, then there’s no need to read it. I think there are lots of helpful tips that apply to different types of protests. People have varying levels of experience managing diabetes, and I think it could be helpful to someone who wants to protest whatever cause while staying as healthy as they can.

1 Like

I actually take that as a personal attack.

Either way, most people here are set in their ways. And will justify what they want, how they want. But will not accept anyone else’s opinion as valid as well.

Ok, I TRIED to continue here hoping we could keep this BS from the forum.
I see this was a futile gesture.
Good bye.

Once again, no one actually brought up any political groups or discussed them until you did.

Goodbye!

Comments to this topic are closed. Opinions about content are appreciated and will be considered in our moderation.