Bed Cover Effect

Something that sometimes happens to me in the morning when I get up is my CGM shows a number that is maybe a little lower than my target, but usually acceptable. But then if I pull down the covers and wait 15-20 minutes it will go up (not up from 60 to 200, but maybe as much as 60 to 100, for example). In most cases, from what I have seen the later number (the one it goes up to) is usually closer to the actual number. First of all, this is obviously not a good thing regardless, but it sometimes reminds me of something that used to happen when I used the 530G and Enlite (I currently use 670G and Guardian 3). With the Enlite, laying on my stomach (or in some other way smothering the transmitter) would cause extremely low numbers, although with the Enlite once it went bad it stayed that way, it would not come back up after getting up. But with the Guardian 3, it is happening (when it happens, it is not something that happens every night) regardless of my sleeping position, although it has never happened if the covers are down. The CGM may be based on the signal strength from the transmitter, but I would find it hard to believe that my bedcovers could change it that significantly (especially since the transmitter & pump are under the covers, so it doesn’t even really need to travel through the covers). Has anybody else seen this pattern of changes after getting out of bed?

@njsokalski I regularly see first am readings that are 20 to 30 poi ts lower than average. Most of my friends who are on the G5 do too. I have no idea why, because when I first started using the G5 it wasn’t an issue. Now that the readings display on my pump and phone they are off +90% of my mornings. When I see my first am reading, I automatically add 20points to the number in my head.

This happens to me, but only sometimes (typical). I haven’t noticed a connection with the covers, but I almost always wake up with just the sheet because my family runs hot while sleeping. I always just assumed it was a version of “feet on the floor” without actually moving. I like to stay in bed and daydream, but maybe my daydreams are sometimes more stressful than regular dreams, I’m not sure. I hadn’t thought it might be the cgm catching up because I never test when I’m daydreaming (that would defeat the point).

Could it be the temperature? I know my daughter always reads lower in the warm water of a bath.