Being Motivated

badrirag,

If a person stops the lifestyle changes, the “cure” you promote, will their diabetes return? Simple question, shouldn’t take more than one word to answer. if it takes you more than one, then, yes, I believe that you are selling something.

Rather, what we do stand by is the fact that lifestyle is NOT a cure, it’s a lifestyle.

I find your comparison of diabetes to a cold falls short in many respects: a cold is a time-constrained situation. Diabetes is a chronic disease.

I respect your point of view. I simply disagree with it. That is one of our values here in the community and one that we need you to be mindful of, as you “evangelize”. Evangelizing about anything can only be done while respecting others’ points of view.

Having a low A1C is not being ‘free’ of Diabetes.

I got my A1C down from a 10.5% to a 5.5% in a little under 3 months. Trust me, that is NOT a cure.

To grab at anything that offers a glimmer of hope is being gullible, misguided & how people with chronic diseases are exploited. Google “cure diabetes” to see all the “hope” being offered by snake oil marketers.

We know the best route to controlling & managing our disease. Some like Diabetic Welfare Queen & Judith are successful with diet & exercise. Others, like you, take oral meds.

Yes, Gerri… and imagine the parents of a newly diagnosed T1 child, not yet educated on the differences… wanting desperately to “cure” their child of this life-long curse. It frightens me that some could be pulled into to some “cure” scam that simply ends up putting their child in incredible danger

Excellent point, Scott. That’s a frigthening thought. Most of those diabetic cure sites don’t distinguish between T1 & T2, but for only $39.95 a month you can receive capsules guaranteed to lower BG.

Yea, Judith, how long is the haunting question. We do the best we can, supported by our friends here and around us. But as we found out earlier this week, terrible things can happen to innocent people and it just tears me up to think about it

That is also a good point, Judith… to keep up this “cure” we both have, it takes soooooo much discipline. People get on some diet for 6 months and then quit. I can only dream of quitting. lol We just don’t have that luxury… And the thing is, people think we’d quit our diets to go eat a bunch of junk… but it’s not true! The so called nutritious food is sometimes just as bad, or worse, than a lot of the junk… I mean, I’d be at 200 every morning if I were to dine on oatmeal every day… Or have rice at every meal (no matter the type of rice… it’s all terrible at spiking me.) It isn’t just as easy as “have nutritious foods” and exercise… It takes a lot of deliberate picking and choosing of food combinations, and constant monitoring, and exercise… and denying yourself every day…

And timing of the exercise… Cus it isn’t just exercise, either… if I don’t time it right, I spike, too. :confused:

Yea, Liz… the constant lifestyle changes that T2s have to endure just seems to incredibly difficult to me… now anyway, I used to be one of the uneducated ones that believe it was all the fault of the patient. I know better now and really wish the rest of society/media did as well

Takes a staggering amount of discipline, dearest Judith, & is utterly exhausting. Hugs!

No non-diabetic could possibly begin to fathom the complexity of the balancing act we endure every hour of the day forever.

Not to mention that every single cold that a person gets is caused by a different virus. Once the person gets over that particular “cold” that virus is harmless to them. It is a nonsensical argument since diabetes never goes away, no matter how well it is “controlled”

Yeah, that was what I was wondering - if Mr. Badririg has a “cure” for diabetes - why has he not used this on himself? I don’t think he has diabetes at all. He is here to promote his website and "pretend’ he is not trying to sell us lies. Not that guillable thank you very much. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you know each one of us is entitled to have a link to a blog or a website or a twitter account within tudiabetes. I have removed even that reference to my website in my profile and the single post which mentioned my website has been removed by Admin on my request. So now there is a clean slate as far as I am concerned. Those who are sceptical even now can check it out, if they want!!

Now that I have shown that I have no intention to promote my website, are you folks willing to listen? I can’t really prove that I have diabetes and neither can anyone in this forum, so let us take each other’s word on that.

Again, I am not peddling a cure for diabetes. All that I am saying is that cure as in “keeping the BS levels in the normal range without medication” is available and I am asking you to explore it. If you still want to maintain that there is no cure, you are welcome to do so.

Even if I am a living proof that this is possible (which I will be shortly, not to prove any point to anybody but in the interests of my own health), there would still be people who will dismiss it on grounds of veracity (in fact Kimkat has already concluded that i am not a diabetic).

I think what bothers some of the people here is that a diabetic (some don’t even believe i am one) with a1c of 7+ is insulting the collective intelligence and wisdom of so many experienced people by suggesting a a possible cure to Diabetes considered incurable and chronic when he is not even qualified to do so.

Just take me out of the picture and examine the possibility of what is being said. That’s all i ask for!

Have a great day and keep smiling.

Badrirag
Im sure your your intentions are good…and just like many here wishes to be “cured” of diabetes…regardless of type. Most here have had the condition for many years (in fact for family generations)…fact many here advocates and supports legitimate and scietific reaserches around the world. Unfortunately up to date, the medical and scietific fields of experts are yet to find the “so called cure”. As of the moment the community supports each other on different ways to manage and control our own diabetes…both physiologically and psychologically.
You may be selling something or not…or may have the condition or not… it will be wonderful to know that you have found a “cure” for yourself and Im sure many here will be happy for you. As you yourself said…there will always be possibilities. Probably that is the reason why we support researches, projects and activities of different organizations of diabetes. Until such time that you have “cured” (I hope you considered the thread Manny Hernandez referred you to the definition of cure) yourself of diabetes …and that the legitimate scientific and medical world has proven such cure, tested effective and safe with the majority of the population…we respect your convictions…but we also request that you respect ours.
Thank you.

ps. Pardon me, Yogirajj…didnt mean to hijack your thread =) Wonderful blog though!

Thank you Teena,

I am actually taken back with all the feedback!! I’ve would have never expected this firestorm of convo… LOL… But I guess the important thing is that we are talking about it right? When thing that is curious, Badriag, what were your A1C’s before?? Knowing how important our A1C’s are, you can’t expect members not to have a reaction on numbers like 7.+, it is almost the single most important thing to a diabetic. It is the only way we can gauge how well we are doing. I think I can safely say for most of us on tudiabetes, none of us would talk about any cures, sporting A1C’s over 7.+

I’d like to make two last points. Herbal companies and such, are not regulated by any governing organization; therefore, you have no real way of knowing it’s quality, purity, or even potency. Never is there (that I’m aware of) a go to book on what companies produce the best supplemental products.

Last point is, herbs are like anti-biotic(s), if you take a lot over a period of time, they loose their effectiveness. This is one of the many reasons why, if a person gets a cold, most don’t want to be put on anti-biotic(s), in fear that if something more serious comes along it will not work. Or even worse, sometimes bacteria/viruses mutates into something stronger.

So we ask again… What is the cure if any??? Even islet cell transplants are only temporary, they can’t get them to work for longer than 2-3 years!! Diabetes is much more complex than people can ever possibly imagine.

Teena,

Thanks. It has taken me so many posts and removal of all references to prove my intentions (atleast to you!!). If you are going to wait for the medical community to come out with a cure (my definition correlates well with most of the people on that thread) that is tested effective and safe with the majority of the population, I wish you good luck.

And I find the adjective “legitimate” not qualified enough. If your definition of legitimate medical world refers only to allopathy (which it should not in all fairness), then the considered opinion of this community and elsewhere too that Diabetes is Incurable is 100% valid.

I am sure you would aware of many systems of medicine and many other non-medicinal therapies that are prevalent in the world and some of them actually have a road map for reviving the pancreas. We will discuss them if there is interest in the forum.

Cheers

Yogirajj,

So the proof of the pudding is in the eating right! So i will have to come back to this forum with a much lower A1C with conclusive proof that it was achieved without medicines or with some other therapy which is not pseudoscience or mumbojumbo . Even then somebody will say that lower A1C is not a cure and they have done it themselves.

I owe it to myself that I become free of diabetes, not to prove any point to anybody, least of all to those who are so openly dismissive of any suggestions.

Cheers