Best Airport Security Strategy

I guess it's just another reason to hate this stupid disease.

I know I'm generally speaking from a lack of experience when it comes to the TSA dealing with my Omnipod but it really has a been a non-issue so far. I can only hope it stays that way.

I'm not a huge fan of the TSA, but then again, the general public isn't any more well informed. The TSA has never accosted me coming out of a bathroom after dosing before dinner because they thought I was mainlining in the stall. Random idiots out in the world have.

Before I was on the pump and before full body scanners, I was pulled aside for a random search by the TSA. They were as professional as can be, it wasn't a humliating experience, and it was no more an inconvenience than having to take off my shoes or pack my toiletries into ziplock bags. I can only hope that being patted down because of my Omnipod will be a similar experience.

I travel enough and only for pleasure so that trying to keep a good attitude is key, but not so much that it has become an impossible grind in and of itself. It's gotta be a lot tougher if you're doing it for a living.

I have to say - it makes me laugh that people think that the TSA or indeed European authorities are anything than paranoid !, I have been taken into rooms in anywhere from Minniapolis to Frankfurt ! The only thing that works for me has been a letter from my endo and from the head of diabeties ! They then check. I wear an Omni Pod and a Navigator. But to be fair to all the comments - I wear both on my arms.

I wish we could voice how much it winds us up - and makes travel just a tad more annoying !,

Attitude is indeed key to enduring the TSA. But I'm far more troubled by the fact that its incompetence in dealing with OmniPods (which it sees with some regularity) likely reflects its incompetence in dealing with truly dangerous items that it sees far less.

Further, TSA's treatment of OmniPods is illogical. Why does TSA insist on swiping the pod that I'm wearing for explosive residue, yet allow the half dozen pods I sent through the x-ray scanner to go through without an explosive swipe?

I'm just looking for the most logical and hassle free way to deal with the TSA. But since the whole TSA process is largely nonsensical and inconsistent theater, it looks like I'm just wasting my time and I'll need to take a strong drink before each encounter with them.

I also think that Insulet needs to take efforts to actively engage the TSA. I'm not sure what they have done to date, but (a) it does not appear to be working or (b) the TSA is truly that clueless.

Sigh.

I'm just looking for the most logical and hassle free way to deal with the TSA. But since the whole TSA process is largely nonsensical and inconsistent theater, it looks like I'm just wasting my time and I'll need to take a strong drink before each encounter with them.

This is your best option. I've decided to no longer fight it. I'm as pleasant as I can be when dealing w/ TSA agents, and it seems to work. It's not like I can just "choose" to not fly. My employers would then "choose" not to employ me anymore.

I also hit the bar while I'm still buckling my belt and putting my jewelry back on. That helps, too.