Best Pump out there?

Another question to answer, and that is pricing of supplies (this is the often overlooked cost of the pump, and it's a good thing that you brought it up..)

First, look at your insurance provider. I have Blue Cross as well, and my provider goes through Edgepark, and they are very supportive and less expensive than buying from the pump companies. With the exception of Omnipod and Minimed, the infusion sets are Leur Lock, which means that they are interchangeable with other ones. I will explain:

Infusion sets come in 3 parts (sometimes 2):
1. Insertion device. This thing helps you push the infusion set through the skin, usually spring loaded. This is sometimes integrated into the set, like the Animas Inset or Tandem Cleo. Others, like the Minimed Silhouette (brand name) and Comfort (Generic Name - I think) have an external insertion device, which has to be loaded. This is the one part that may/may not be with the set.

2. Tubing. The two types of connectors are the Paradigm (Minimed) or Leur Lock (generic, which pretty much all hospital syringes have). The Paradigm is pretty nice, and works well, but limits you to Minimed only devices. The Leur Lock will let you go across brands, and let you shop for price that works for you. The tubing hooks from he reservoir to the Infusion Set, which goes into your body. Various lengths are available (usually 2 lengths for each type of infusion set), so you can experiment with what works for you.

3. Infusion set. There are several types, and for the most part, there is no difference between the Minimed and the Leur Lock devices. There are 90 degree sets, 30 degree sets, and various lengths of canulae (canulas?), and metal and teflon sets.

OK, so that's a wall of info, but here's the thing: There is one that will work for you, and plenty of people on here to help. As for cost, Edgepark is pretty good, and they have insurance negotiated rates to help with that.

The nice thing about the different companies is that they are just a supplier. There are only 3-5 different companies that make infusion sets, and there are different branding of the same items, so that lets you shop for the best value.