Biking and Bears

Went mountain biking this morning. When I got to the top of the loop I took a little break to eat a granola bar (my BG was 65). While I waited for the granola bar to kick in I enjoyed the beautiful valley views and saw a mama bear and three cubs run down the mountain side. Not a bad way to start the day.

Cool, I have been road biking for a couple of weeks now and really like it. I go early in the morning on quiet country roads. My first time out I had a doe cross right in front of me, she stopped and stared at me for what seemed forever and then she took off into the woods. I had thought about starting mountain biking as I really like being in the woods, but I need to get together with someone local as I have no idea where to go around here.

Cycling is a great sport road or mountain or just cruising. I fell in love with biking at age 5 and have been doing it ever since. These days I definitely prefer mountain biking. It’s a great way to get exercise and see nature. I’m sure if you stopped in your local bike shop you could get some pointers on where to ride and even some people to ride with. You could also check out www.mtbr.com for trail reviews in your area. Happy biking!

check out www.imba.com too!