BJ Barber

BJ Barber
When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, my doctor told me I would need to exercise everyday. I started running the first week and rode my bike ten miles a day to school and work. Both of those felt like work to me. But there was one exercise I started that year that I still love to this day. Every time I jump in a pool I am transported back to the summer days that I would waste away in the pool finally getting out at nine at night with my lungs burning with the exertion and chlorine.
If I was going to swim as an adult I would need to learn some of the rules and technique I had skimmed over as a child. Enter Bernadette BJ Barber. BJ was one of my friends in college who showed me the ropes of swimming laps. She gave me a few tips and didn't laugh too hard when I could barely make it across the twenty-five meter pool. Just a few weeks later I was swimming like a fish. I have never forgotten BJ's influence in my life in driving me to a sport I love every minute of. And thanks BJ for once again supporting me by becoming a Kickstarter Backer. You're the best.

For more information on this Kickstarter project, click here.