Blood Glucose Targets

Another old trick of mine was to take the R in my leg and run up and down the stairs 10x, particularly on Thanksgiving!

R does absorb more quickly if the body part it was injected in is exercised. However, I'm pretty sure this is not true of the newer analogues. Something about the way they are modified so that it's essentially impossible for them to "break down" faster than they already do (aside from injecting it IM or IV).

Well, if you low-carb and don't eat enough calories to keep your body going, you will lose weight. So if you're already slender, and don't want to lose weight, you do need to watch how many calories you take in. If you can't stand to eat more low-carb (but high calorie stuff like meat and fat), then more carbs may be the only answer. But the trade-off is BG control -- you need to plan your carbs to be eaten with fat and protein to reduce the height of spikes, but then you may have slow rising and slow falling, lower peaks that last longer. You can deal with this by more testing, and an additional bolus (or shot) 2 or 3 hours after eating. Pump users can use a square wave bolus; this isn't available to shot users.

Good luck!

Doesn't matter whether you're Type 1 or Type 2. High BGs are dangerous, and cause complications and death for all diabetics, and you need to get the best control you're capable of. I don't consider having a lot of hypos good control, either. You're walking a fine line, and it takes a lot of concentration, and in the end you can only do your best.