Blood spot laundry tip! :)

We’ve all done it - little blood spots on your clothes here and there from finger pricks, needle pokes, etc. And then there are those of us who are just darn clumsy! Anyhow, I’ve been trying to figure out an easy way to get blood out of fabrics and finally found it!!! Thought you guys could use it too. After trolling the internet and trying multiple methods, my concensus is: SHAMPOO! Even old blood comes out (of course try to catch it before the dryer does). Just wet the spot, put a dollup of your fav shampoo and scrub it, let it sit for a few minutes if necessary and rinse - works wonders and is so easy! :slight_smile:

I keep hydrogen peroxide in a squeeze bottle. When you squeeze some on the blood spot, it foams. Wick this away with a tissue, repeat till spot is gone. It beats having to change clothes. Quilters say your own saliva will remove your own blood. I don’t find it as effective as peroxide, but at least it’s always with me!

Yep, hydrogen peroxide is what I use. But it won’t work on old spots, so I’ll try the shampoo trick on those.

I was taught years ago …use of COLD water …NOT hot water…this settles the stain ( shall I say cooks it ??)