Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers

This was in a newspaper insert called “Relish” this week. It was very good. I decided to parboil the cut peppers for 2 minutes, even though it called for raw peppers (suit yourself)

4 bell peppers, (any color), cut in half vertically, ribs and seeds removed, parboiled in boiling water 2 min, drained and set cut side down on paper towels

Stuffing:
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot) (I used 1/3)
1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Mix stuffing and fill pepper halves and arrange on a foil lined baking sheet, sprinkle tops with additional cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes and garnish w additional chopped green onion.

Serves 4. 10 grams carb per serving.

OMG…this looks amazing. Adding it to my menu this week.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

I made these last night and they were great. My peppers were very large, so I only used 3. upped the cream cheese to about 1/2 cup. shredded the chicken and added the hot sauce first over the shredded chicken, then added each thing and mashed it in with the back of a large spoon. didn’t have enough green onions to garnish :slight_frown:

one half was filling enough for me!

I’ve made this a number of times since you posted it. So many actually that I printed the recipe right off the forum and put it in my recipe binder. For an added twist you can also use this stuffing in portobello mushrooms, which is awesome, or can do half and half. Can also use sausage instead of chicken, or half/ half or any other ratio.