Bummin on Bernstein When I've Got the Flu

I am slogging my way through a 2-week flu which started with 7 days of hives, 4 days of a head cold, and finished off not-so-gracefully with the stomach flu. It’s been awful, but the most frustrating part was trying to find typical “stomach friendly” foods as I was recovering from the stomach flu that also were ok for the Dr. B diet.

All I wanted was a bowl of plain white rice…a bowl of mashed potatoes…a bowl of plain pasta…a piece of bland toast. All the things my mom used to give me when recovering from the stomach flu. Things to ease the system back into digestin’ and survivin’.

When I finally could hold my head up again and regained my appetite, I found myself in a pool of tears, feeling sorry for myself because I just couldn’t figure out what to eat. Chicken broth was all I could come up with. Oh, and sugar free Jello. I’ve never been so frustrated about not being able to just eat what I want to eat.

Well when your sick sometimes you have to let go and do a little food damage. You know there is tomorrow, and there is extra Insulin. So no more tears although sometimes it just feels good to cry and feel sorry for your self:)

I hope your soon to feeling better, you have been very sick. I’m sorry…

Just checking back to see if your feeling better? I sure hope so:)