Can Veganism CURE or Reverse Diabetes?

Sorry. Reword it to not include reversing diabetes, and I won’t flag it.

Anyone wanting to spread the word on
"reversing diabetes" is making a false medical claim. That is inappropriate in my book.

But I’m a sticker on such things. No personal offense meant.

@Pauline2 your post is spam and grossly inaccurate. If this was the old version of tudiabetes the administrators would have flagged you by now and erased your posting.

Just recently there was female advocate who claimed her cancer was in remission by veganism that died because of the cancer that was suppose to be gone… What a twist of faith that was.

Whenever people have asked for factual proof of being having their diabetes healed by veganism or any other treatment …folks get defensive. present proof …daily glucose numbers for a month to coincide with the daily diet.

1 Like

Omg. I don’t think we’re on the same page here. Your post Title is ‘Can Veganism Cure Or Reverse Diabetes?’ — I just asked if there is anyone here who was able to reverse their diabetes through veganism because that’s what I wanted to know. I did not say that I reversed mine. I just don’t think my post is ‘spam and grossly inaccurate’.

You can’t.

This sounds like a pitch to gather people to promote your [incorrect] belief to others.

And this statement moved it to a sales pitch.

We discuss such thing to promote good habits, but we also strive to ensure false information doesn’t do harm to others. Veganism cam be a good health practice for all diabetics, but it is not possible to reverse diabetes.

You use a plural personal pronoun. This does suggest an enterprise of some sort. Is that your intention? Perhaps you are in an academic field.

We like to think of this forum as a place for people with diabetes to give and receive support, not as a business prospect venue. What is the fuller context of your participation in this thread? What is your connection to diabetes? Do you have diabetes?

1 Like

Pauline2 has asked to have her account deleted. You won’t see further reply from her.

thank you! this type of advertising of false or non factual cures would have never made it past the previous censors of the old tudiabetes. They were very strict about not having people coming on here and peddling their non scientific ideas…

The new censors need to do a better job.

Censorship is a slippery slope. 99% of the ideas expressed on this forum are non-scientific.

Didn’t you open this thread by asking for opinions? Did I miss something?

2 Likes

Yes you are missing something. Previously on thus site-maybe more than 8-9 years ago…this didnt allow advertisements or marketing of diabetes products, cures, medicines, treatments etc… Such as I have a collection of diabetic tshirts I was not allowed to advertise and I respected that with the previous owners.

So folks that came on here talking reversing diabetes were immediately kicked out. Now with the new owners seem like they are not as strict or concernes if people come her and disseminate questionable information like reversing diabetes as a treatment.

There is no slippery slope to truthful info…type 2 diabetes can not be reversed on any form

But you opened a thread stating you are interested in hearing opinions about veganism as it pertains to diabetes, all this person did is say that they’ve seen the same topic mentioned and they are interested too.

I opened it for just that. I also stated my opinions on the topic too. A person can claim anything but without proof or pier review its not relevant.

No. They said “they” were looking for people to share how they cured/controlled their diabetes “with the world” and to contact “them.”

Your disagreement is with me @sam19 - I flagged the post and called them out as spam. I didn’t see it being in the spirit of the thread.

1 Like

Maybe I am missing the flow of threads like this more than I used to… I didn’t see the problem…

1 Like

@kmichel Thank you !

Actually there has been some success in getting people off from medication using a vegan diet combined with exercise. The doctor in California that has done the research and created the program called the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) is Doctor Hans Diehl. The plan is more than a diet, it is about life style change. I don’t work for him or represent him, just putting the information out. If you are serious about wanting to make changes in your health it is an option. I read the previous comments and I understand there are people that say this type information isn’t true, but he does have documented success stories.

You can’t help but notice people have different reactions to food. Both vegan and vegetarian diets are too carby for me, even with exercise. You never cure diabetes (at least not at this time) so you have to stay on your Vegan diet and exercise plan just to avoid going back on medication.
But good luck to anyone for whom it works.

1 Like