Can we catch a break?

Click over to my blog for the full text.

The snowball effect… when it rains it pours… you can take your pick of the sayings that spell May 2010 - June 2011 for the SuFu family. If it’s not one thing, it’s another and they just seem to keep right on coming. Squirt is now admitted to hospital with RSV. Our son caught it when he was 3 weeks old (ended up in hospital for a week) and now Squirt has it at 5 weeks. We thought that will a summer baby we could hopefully avoid ending up in hospital and catch the majority of the viruses when she was little older. Her O2 sat is good, she isn’t on oxygen and she’s still eating, which are all good things. However, it’s just another straw on the camel’s back.

I really don’t know how much more I can take. I work up until the day I start school. We are flat broke so there is no way I can take a vacation or a day off from umpiring to hang out with the family. I have 4 days off all summer and those are travel days for the clinical trial, so they’re really not off when you’re driving 6 hours each day. I’m stressed out beyond all hell and there is no end in site. My blood pressure was measured at 156/110 and rechecked at 154/76, so I’m…

SuFu, PhD

Were they early or low birth weight or anything? There’s a shot that diminishes the chance of RSV but it’s usually just used for low-birthweight or premature kiddos or those with lung issues like CF . . .

Nope, my son was 38 weeks (8lb 9 oz) and Squirt was 38.5 (8lb 4oz). No CF or lung issues in either child.