Carb Man - S.O.S. - Reasons or excuses?

How Did You Go Low Carb When:
Me the husband is the one who prepares and cooks the meal.
But my wife won’t budge from the S.A.D.
My carb addiction so serious I get out of bed and eat carbs
at night.

I’m not sure I understand the problem. When my wife would not prepare the meals that I needed took over the shopping and cooking.

1 Like

What’s the “S.A.D.”? This acronym can stand for so many things…

Round these parts it means Standard American Diet and it truly is SAD.

I would just cook according to SAD and omit to put certain things on your own plate. I hate feeling high when I eat carbs. Plus they make me fat and they are addictive.

@CARBman

Do you do the grocery shopping as well? If you do, then perhaps the first step is to stop buying so many carbs. (Sorry, impossible to eliminate carbs.) If they are not in the house it would be harder to eat.

Sure, it might be a HUGE fight between you and your wife, but perhaps she will come around.

On a personal note: I tend to think my diabetes and the health of my family would have been better if my mother simply stopped buying sugar when we were kids. (sugar = sugary cereal, chocolate milk, cookies, candy, etc.) Same concept as lessening the carbs in your household, I wanted her to lessen the sugar in ours.

We alone are responsible for what we eat

no sugars including fruit/juice, no starches… eat anything else, a jar of peanut butter and a spoon will help. It’s hell but after 2 days the starving feeling goes away.

what to expect the first week
Preventing Carb Withdrawal on Low-Carb Diets

your wife won’t dish you up sugars and starches if you ask her not to…add more low carb veg and some butter, cream or olive oil to the rest of the meal

ststanndards
zs

My Facebook Post - Dear Brian = CAN YOU STAY WITH ME PLEASE? WILL YOUR COMMENTS SHOW UP ON MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT AGAIN?
Les Pronin

5 mins · .

Hey There Fraser 70 - It Is Me The Carb Man - Miracle - Supper last night was /chicken/Bell Pepper/ Spinach Omelet. Major Miracle - Did not consume bread or fruit or snack during or post supper. 2 hour post Blood glucose number #114. Triple Major Miracle - During night ate an apple. Up until last night I was consuming high -higher end carbs.

TuDiabetes Forum] [Community] Carb Man - S.O.S. - Reasons or excuses? (7)
" Fraser70 …

See More

Les Pronin

5 mins ·

Hey There Fraser 70 - It Is Me The Carb Man - Miracle - Supper last night was /chicken/Bell Pepper/ Spinach Omelet. Major Miracle - Did not consume bread or fruit or snack during or post supper. 2 hour post Blood glucose number #114. Triple Major Miracle - During night ate an apple. Up until last night I was consuming high -higher end carbs.

TuDiabetes Forum] [Community] Carb Man - S.O.S. - Reasons or excuses? (7)
" Fraser70 …

See More

Standard American Diet. is the same as a S.A.D. Diet

Hey Dr. rgcain - It Is Me The Carb Man - Miracle - Supper last night was /chicken/Bell Pepper/ Spinach Omelet. Major Miracle - Did not consume bread or fruit or snack during or post supper. 2 hour post Blood glucose number #114. Triple Major Miracle - During night ate an apple. Up until last night I was consuming high -higher end carbs.
Dr. - See my Dad on my Facebook page @ Les Pronin. Dr. Arhtur Pronin,M.D. died when I was 13 years old. He married very late in life. He was almost 38 when he got married. Glad to know you as a parent and an M.D. entering my world too. You are a blessing.

TuDiabetes Forum] [Community] Carb Man - S.O.S. - Reasons or excuses?