CDC removes mask guidance for fully vaccinated

Thanks for your reply. I am not going to test for antibodies as I believe I don’t need it, and am opting out of vaccination. I am confident that I will not get sick with virus which is enough for my peace of mind. Each to their own

2 Likes

It definitely pushed one person I know to finally get it. She was 1 of 2 people I know who hadn’t gotten it yet. What surprised me was how afraid of the vaccine she was. She texted me a lot the day she got the vacc and in the days leading up to it. I just kept saying reassuring things and giving reasons about why it was more practical to get vaccinated.

She’s North of me in the country and I don’t think many people there are vaccinated, so she had a lot more discomfort. People had been telling her scary things about the vacc. She has high risk family members and is very health conscious, but it took some real coaching to get her shot on. I was surprised. A bunch of people talk to me about the scary things people have told them about the vacc and they are genuinely afraid of it. We got 30% vacc rates in the country.

The city is suddenly the covid safe place to be. It’s all switch-a-roo’ed. :city_sunrise:

She’s coming down to Nashville to celebrate her 40th, @Stemwinder_Gary. I told her Nashville is full of dirt bags and drifters and that she better be vaccinated before she’s in any bars with a bunch of drunk lowlifes. I think that helped the case for vaccination. :wink:

2 Likes

We have a number of people who are hesitant to get the vaccine at work, they especially were saying that there’s not enough science behind it and we don’t know enough about it and they’re listening to a lot of right-wing media. I empathized with their right to make a choice and also let them know that our current vaccines are based on the SARS vaccine from 2003 which we happen to know a lot about since it’s been almost 20 years. Once people start doing the research on their own and stop listening to media pundits, the fear goes away.

2 Likes

LOL… I don’t partake of the Nashville bar scene, never have, not even when I actually lived there. I did enjoy country music when it was still county music. Just not the bar hopping type.

If your friend happens to visit Nashville’s Lower Broadway entertainment district she is likely to see a lot of people like herself, out of towners.

What is your recommendation for visiting Nashville? Any place in particular one has to go?

I thought maybe the trouble was stemming from social media. I just haven’t bumped into any negative vaccine news somehow. I don’t understand why.

Oh Gosh Mohe, I would make a terrible tour guide. I live 35 miles from Nashville and find the slower lifestyle suits me much better.

If your friend likes the nightlife the Lower Broadway area is the place to visit. There you will find famous bars like Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge. The Ryman Auditorium is nearby as is The Gulch. Of course for the country music fan no trip to Nashville is complete without taking in a Grand Ole Opry performance.

1 Like

@mohe0001 It all depends on where you look for information. Most of the people that I have had contact with that have vaccine hesitancy believe that mainstream media/news is fake/biased and get their news from radio/online/ or through folklore.

2 Likes

Information is definitely out there some of the information credible, some not.

https://www.openvaers.com/openvaers

Try this search:

Vax type: “Covid”
Symptom: “Deafness”

This link pulls data directly from HHS/CDC and can be searched easily using keyword searches and other parameters.

I read through 1600 case reports back earlier in the year. The amount of information publicly available is pretty cool : age, sex, symptoms, shot type, shot date, medications patients are on normally, treatments side effect patients were given.

The regular VAERS has downloadable spread sheets with tons of information.

The VAERS system is pretty far behind from what I’ve heard and may be heavily currated for awhile.

CDC will report side effects for example here recently not sure if this is a proactive or reactive measure myocarditis in teens:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/work-groups-vast/technical-report-2021-05-17.html

When you vaccinate this many people many fold more than normal vaccines it’s a numbers game and there will be side effects short, medium, long-term.

Numbers will come out eventually once researchers have a chance to go into the data.

Fortunately % will be small relative to number of people getting vaccinated.

1 Like