Chuck Norris and My Diabetes

1984… It was a time that saw Ronald Reagan leading our nation and welcomed movie classics like Terminator, Ghostbusters, Karate Kid, Temple of Doom, and Sixteen Candles. Of course, it was the last time the Detroit Tigers won a World Series and March was the month when the NFL’s Baltimore Colts packed up trucks and moved to Indianapolis in the middle of the night.

This is also the day I’ve self-designated as my Diaversary, or the anniversary of my diabetes diagnosis - this year marks the 27th year. But what I didn’t know when selecting March 10 as my “diabetes day” and what makes this even cooler is the fact that March 10 isn’t only my diaversary… it doubles as THE BIRTHDAY OF CHUCK NORRIS! You know, the guy the galaxy knows as Walker, Texas Ranger!!! How awesome is this. “Was it Chuck who roundhouse-kicked my pancreas into the diabetes world?” This is a pretty cool thing, cooler than… well, anything I can think of at the moment.

Finish reading this post over at The Diabetic’s Corner Booth

I thought I was the only one who didn’t know the exact date I was diagnosed! I remember my brother did not get a birthday party that year, so I just made my diaversary his b-day :slight_smile:

Congrats on 27 years! I hope the next year brings you health and happiness :slight_smile: