Coffee Drinkers, where are you?

About 2 cups before I go to work; and either a few cups while there or a couple of sodas. I usually drink a mix of 1/2 coffee and 1/2 milk. I like it cool, and usually with a little flavoring.

Yeah, I know all that caffeine isn’t good for my kidneys, but i jsut can’t get around without it.

Pretty tame, isn’t it? LOL

I never knew that coffee had any carbs.

HI ALL

LEAVE MY COFFEE ALONE !!

Seriously i drink a lot, no sugar anymore as well. That be the difference I’d say

Hoss
E G M

hi why did you cut cappuccino if you are having coffee with milk? the foam is just milk… I am asking because I cut lattes and replaced them with cappuccinos because to reduce my carb intake… serious question?

I drink my coffee black w/no sugar and it still raises my BG. I bolus 1.5 U before my morning cup and follow that with a 1U correction when i get to work. I could adjust my basal, but my schedule is too variable. The before and after bolus’ work for me.

I drink 1 or 2 cups a day, black, and it seems to have no effect on my BG at all. YDMV. :slight_smile:

I love coffee! Starbucks, Organic French Roasts, and sumatra, they are my treat for the day. Coffee can raise blood sugars (sigh) but I have decided that right now, I do not want to give it up (gave up everything else, almost!). I drink only decaf after my am half regular/half decaf and buy the best coffee, usually organic and grind my own, use half and half and english toffee flavored stevia YUM!

English toffee Stevia…where???

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?ss=1&Ntk=products&x=5&y=9&Ntt=english%20toffee%20stevia

Good price, hard to find in health food stores, they also have vanilla creme, orange, chocolate and more. They are very good and last a while as you need about 6 drops in a cup of coffee. Delicious!

raises hand
I buy non dairy creamers that have 5 or less sugars in them and use Splenda. This year my goal is to give up my bi-weekly sugar free soy caramel machiatto from the coffee shop that I end up getting during the school year.

raises BOTH hands That’s what I’m currently doing, but sans Splenda, and I add a little real cream as well. The White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut creamer (reduced sugar) is to die for!!!

I’m a coffee drinker. Flat white with no sugar is my style.

Lol. There is a really good chocolate caramel nondairy creamer that I am enjoying right now. Yum!

Hi
It is rare that you find me without a cup of coffee in my hand or on the desk next to me. I start in the morning around 6:30am and finish my last cup around 11:00pm before bed. I only read the articles that say’s coffee’s good for you. I’ve had to give up drinking, smoking and most of my favorite meals I refuse to give up coffee to.

drgizmo2002

Funny how giving up those “designer” coffee drinks is so hard. I think of them as a treat when I have them and I refuse to feel guilty. Of course some of them I can’t have but I try to be content with what I can have once and while - In fact, I think I will have one later this week!

HI ALL

Da , we need one vice i gave up the others !

Hoss
E G M

Well I mean if you sometimes don’t get enough sleep at night, and you HAVE to function the next day, you gotta take something to pull you up – adrenalin rush/fight or flight it will have to be. Caffeine is something people need unless they’re independently wealthy and can get up whenever they want to.

When your not rich… Caffeine! =^D

Exactly!