Complex Carbs, do you have problems with them too, even whole wheat things?

Hello! Big congrats on your pregnancy! :slight_smile: I have not read all of the responses to this message, so I’m not sure what has been said so far but I’ve had type 1 for 30 years (since age 3) and I have an almost 3 year old daughter and 1 year old identical twin sons, so I might be able to help you with food ideas during pregnancy. Feel free to send me a friend request and a message if you ever want to chat! In terms of pasta, during pregnancy and even now, I always use whole wheat pasta AND I make sure I am eating equal parts veggies and pasta and plenty of protein. You really need to limit your carb intake while eating enough to grow a baby and it can be very, very tough while battling the increasing anti-insulin hormones of pregnancy (and there are double the hormones with twins, so I found my 2nd pregnancy to be really interesting!). While pregnant, I did utilize healthy fats to slow down the blood sugar spike more than I would when not pregnant. And I never, ever ate tomato soup while pregnant because of the natural sugar content. I did find some fantastic organic veggie soups that were loaded with beans and veggies other than tomatoes. That worked really well for me! With the dual bolus, etc., you’re going to have to recognize patterns in how certain foods work for you but keep in mind that your insulin need are going to vary and increase dramatically during pregnancy. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

No one earns complications.

Maurie