Complications happening starting with Insulin

I’ve heard a lot about complications from high BG’s over time.
I’ve heard a lot about the implications of going too low.
I’ve heard a lot about injection site bruises (smaller than with the old needles)

What I haven’t heard of are the following that seem to be happening:
-bowel upsets
-weight gain – over 8 pounds in three weeks
-crankiness
-some changes in bg readings, but not significant
-crankiness
-aches in legs and arms
-crankiness
-tingling face
-big trouble with eye focus
-foggy brain

Here’e some background info – diagnosed 10 years ago, treated for four years with orals, eventually insulin – never got morning bg’s much below 200, gained weight, never had any energy, had trouble with liver function and dropped out of medical care for five years. Used glycemic index diet, and actually had more energy, lost weight, felt better for five years.

Since November 07, have had two bouts of really bad bronchitis that took way too long to recover, and eyes are not focussing as well (although that could be partly because I’m getting older)… finally conceeded to see endo, who put me on Lantus, Novalog. A1C was over 12.

Now that I’m working with the insulin, and counting carbs, I know that I’m eating way fewer carbs (when I count, I pay more attention and take in less). I know that this can be a part of the crankiness.

Yeah, I’ll be calling the doc after the weekend, but I’m hoping some folks out there can help me understand what this feels like from the perspective of the actual user.

A lot of them can be coming from lows and highs. You didn’t say what your numbers are now that you have started the insulin. I know I get a lot of those just from being to low or to high.

Thanks
My averages before insulin were around mid 300’s with a high of 545 two hours after dinner.

Now, three weeks after starting insulin, lowest reading was 230 before lunch. Highest is around 320, two hours after a meal. Averages are still in low 300’s, high 200’s.

In the end, I’m responding very slowly to the insulin – possible to account for the reduced bg’s from the fact that I’ve got such lower carb intake, and that I’m one insulin resistant lady.

The other option could be that your body is so used to high blood sugars that when you do start to drop you are going to feel like you are going to low even though you are not within normal levels. Your body is going to have to adjust to the insulin. Once it gets to normal levels you will be shocked at how much more energy you have.

Yes, type 2. Previous oral meds were not effective, and had liver function issues.