Compulsive Overeater with A1C of 12.4

I, was in Overeaters Annonymous for years and tried to be on their food plan. Back then it was 3 meals a day with no sugar or flour. No potatoes, corn, peas, rice. I went to meetings nightly and out to coffee with the people from OA. I was losing weight and people were starting to notice me because I had lost so much weight. The attention was getting crazy. It started to get out of control and I eventually decided that type of lifestyle was not for this marrieed mother with 2 kids, whose husband was sitting at home with them. I quit going to meetings, quit the food plan and that was that. It was the only time in my life that I lost weight and felt good…Fast forward 30 years…Here I sit with a recent A1C of 12.4. I take 2000 mg of Metformin, 100mg Januvia and I am supposed to take 15 units of Lantus at night. I don’t take the Lantus because I am afraid to gain any more weight. What I need to know…

Hi Pat -

Start here…http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

Get educated and take control…I’ve found that it’s the only way…I tried livin’ on that ol’ river denial - it doesn’t work…the current will take you away.

Life does change, necessarily. Habits do change, necessarily. But, oh, the joy of feeling good vs bad, feeling healthy vs sick, feeling in control vs out of control.

Good luck and I’ll be happy to help any way I can.

Keep moving …walk as long in a day you can ; take the family along …your blood sugars , your body , your mental thoughts will thank you , and when you start taking insulin …this is serious stuff you are expressing .It is never tooooo late !!