Correct Diagnosing

I just took a screenshot of that. Perfect. I’m showing my doctor next week.

1 Like

I don’t care. Never got many tests. I believe the camp that claims the pills just burn out the pancreas faster. Before I got over the needle phobia maybe I would have tried them. I would have.

1 Like

I too was misdiagnosed at 22 as a T2 when I was mildly overweight. Spent 6 years with doc telling me it was my fault my BS were always high because he refused to believe I wasn’t following his instructions. Wasn’t until after I had a miscarriage at 28 and a new doc gave me an a1c test (it was over 12) and the c-peptide and antibody tests that showed I was T1. Paying the price for all those years not in control with bad neuropathy and vision problems. Glad you are on the right track now.

5 Likes

I was misdiagnosed with T2D for 17 years before additional tests were even brought up. I started insulin 10 years after T2D diagnosis, so I doubt the c-peptide would have indicated T1D. I needed the tests at about 3-4 years before starting oral meds that stimulate insulin production.

2 Likes

I have the same story except my endo misdiagnosed me. After 2 years His NP prescribed the autoantibody test for GAD65 autoantibodies. And would you believe the endo later told me that my diabetes was not autoimmune? He hadn’t even read the chart to see the positive test results.
Recently had to take a c-peptide test again to prove to Medicare that I am still type 1. I am changing insulin pumps soon and I had to take another c-peptide test last week to prove to Medicare again that I am still insulin deficient.

2 Likes

They also buy the “age is the only criteria” I was 30 yearas old, weighed 105 lbs (recently retired ballet dancer, working weight was 110 lbs), no family history of T2, no lifestyle indiscretions (active - ballet dancer, viewed food as fuel etc). It took being found by a nosy neighbor in a DKA coma to get the correct Dx.

4 Likes