Cost of pod refills raised again

I received a bill from Insulet for my recent pod refill. A three-month supply (30 pods) has increased from $1350 to $1800. I love my Omnipod, but wow. Not looking forward to getting my insurance EOB.

Wow. That’s quite a significant difference. You always get 30 pods and your insurance hasn’t changed? I thought they negotiate different prices with different insurance companies. To change that much without a change in insurance or product is surprising. I’m interested to see if you get an explanation why, so I will be checking back. I hope the EOB ends up being a pleasant surprise! (crossing fingers)

Why don;t you try a medical supply place like Edgepark Medical Supply??

Are you sure you only got 3 boxes? The pricing works out perfectly to 4 boxes at $450 retail price. The price per box was $450 retail last month. I think they just sent you an extra box…

Ah, that’s what it was… I did get 4 boxes instead of my usual 3. Silly me… I just panicked when I saw the $1800 amount. Sorry for the false alarm!

So, I called Insulet to see why they sent 4 boxes instead of 3, since I’ve never gotten 4. The rep told me it’s a new thing they are doing once a year, since, over a years time, they’ve been seeing patients run short. According to the rep, the insurance billing will not be affected.

That’s helpful and all, but I wish Insulet would have put a little note in with the 4th box (for dummies like me), explaining why they are randomly sending an extra box. :wink: