Covid Vaccine - are you getting it?

I got my 2nd Moderna shot on Saturday. Question is did anyone get the number of that truck?

Actually just kidding. not that bad. I do feel tired today, could be because of the vaccine, could be because I did not sleep well last night or maybe I didn’t sleep well because of the vaccine, who knows.

Right now my arm is slightly sore, I have a mild headache and I feel like taking a serious nap.

1 Like

You’re one day behind me, Gary. Lethargy is the best description of my yesterday. Hang on, tomorrow will be better. I hope you took that nap!

1 Like

I’m with you. I am volunteering for the control group. Especially since the powers that be are labeling this jab a "vaccine’ when it is in fact an experimental gene therapy that is not FDA approved, just accepted for the so-called emergency. BTW, the PCR test that they use to “diagnose” covid-19 is bogus and was never intended as a diagnostic tool nor as the inventor said is it useful as a diagnostic tool. the test can be amplified until everyone has fragments of the virus evident and then the test can be done with ewer amplifications and it will look like the “vaccine” is “effective” when they already have said that id does not give anyone immunity form the virus. If it does give immunity then why does everyone think that we all should have it “for the sake of the community?” If you are protected then my not being jabbed makes no difference to you. Also, if they are so secure in their ‘science’ why is Big Pharma leaning on media of all kinds to censor and silence alternative viewpoints? I am opting for a resilient and natural immune response.

What do you mean by this and can you provide a credible source?

You appear to object to the FDA’s use of its Emergency Use Authorization. If the FDA chose instead to go through its normal process to approve a vaccine, I can just hear the comments from anti-government quarters who object to endless red-tape of any government intervention. This is an emergency unless you argue that 560,000 deaths is inconsequential!

Source and link please.

Some of us here believe that we are more important than me. There are people who cannot take the vaccination due to being immunocompromised or even highly allergic to the vaccination. It is for these people that I choose to get vaccinated and if enough of us do that, they will be protected due to herd immunity.

I’m not fan of Big Pharma. They certainly have much more power than I am comfortable with. Having said that, can you provide a link that serves as the basis for your assertion?

You do realize that if everyone followed that option, it would mean many more people dying? Which of your parents/grandparents/treasured older relatives and friends would you volunteer to die so that you can achieve a resilient and natural immune response?

7 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of misinformation there.

The Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J vaccines are so effective at preventing severe illness that herd immunity is not going to be necessary. We don’t need you to get a vaccine in order to be protected.

Nearly everyone will be able to get a vaccine aside from children (even those with allergies can get the J&J), and trials are currently underway on the safety of the vaccines in kids. There is also evidence that mothers pass antibodies from the vaccine to their babies in utero.

In the near future, the only people who will be getting really sick are anti-vaxxers who refuse to get the vaccine.

Certainly variants could surface that complicate that, but the vaccine should provide some level of protection even against those.

If you choose not to get the vaccine, you’re the one that loses. However, spreading that misinformation everywhere is just really bad for everyone. It can cause doubt when there’s really no factual evidence to almost anything you’re saying. Check your news sources. Lives are at stake - people don’t need to be reading that crap.

11 Likes

@Terry4 and @katers87:

I agree with you both completely! And, when I had a chance to get vaccinated (because I’m old, not a T1D …), I jumped at the chance.

While everyone gets to make there own choice, to me this is a case where considering both my own benefit and the common benefit comes into play. While, for me at least, it was an easy choice: I am better off if I get vaccinated and society is better off if I get vaccinated because these vaccines are not 100% effective … even though they are nothing short of amazing in how well they are performing.

As I spend much of the year in New Mexico, I’m acutely aware of how covid-19 has affected the Native American population. At all of the early surges they were HAMMERED in terms of cases, test positivity, hospitalizations, and deaths. At the moment, the Navajo Nation (which is in parts of New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah) has vaccinated at least 85% of their eligible population of about 220,000 individuals served by the Indian Health Service with one dose and over 35% with both doses. They are currently seeing 3-4 new daily cases per 100,000 which is about two times LOWER than the best states in the US. Moreover, I believe that their high vaccination numbers have contributed to the very good numbers in many of the “border communities” such as Gallup and Farmington, NM and Holbrook, Winslow (yes, THAT Winslow …) and Flagstaff, AZ.

To me this is the first, and currently best, evidence of the benefit of high percentages of vaccinated people. So, it scares the daylights out of me every time that I read about places in this country where there are high percentages of people who are planning to NOT get vaccinated.

I know that @Terry4 likes to look at information sources so here is a link to the most up-to-date data published in the Navajo Times:

https://navajotimes.com/coronavirus-updates/covid-19-across-the-navajo-nation/

Stay safe … and get vaccinated if/when you can!

5 Likes

| Terry4
March 31 |

• | - |

ravengrrl:

an experimental gene therapy

What do you mean by this and can you provide a credible source? https://youtu.be/p_hwJkhNo9w

Here’s how the technology works, according to Horizon, the EU Research and Innovation Magazine:

“To produce an mRNA vaccine, scientists produce a synthetic version of the mRNA that a virus uses to build its infectious proteins. This mRNA is delivered into the human body, whose cells read it as instructions to build that viral protein, and therefore create some of the virus’s molecules themselves. These proteins are solitary, so they do not assemble to form a virus. The immune system then detects these viral proteins and starts to produce a defensive response to them.”

You appear to object to the FDA’s use of its Emergency Use Authorization. If the FDA chose instead to go through its normal process to approve a vaccine, I can just hear the comments from anti-government quarters who object to endless red-tape of any government intervention. This is an emergency unless you argue that 560,000 deaths is inconsequential!

ravengrrl:

BTW, the PCR test that they use to “diagnose” covid-19 is bogus and was never intended as a diagnostic tool nor as the inventor said is it useful as a diagnostic tool.

Source and link please.

DR. Kary Mullis, PhD, creator of the RCR test on its use: https://www.bitchute.com/video/wOSeTz57xrCF/

ravengrrl:

If it does give immunity then why does everyone think that we all should have it “for the sake of the community?” If you are protected then my not being jabbed makes no difference to you.

Some of us here believe that we are more important than me. There are people who cannot take the vaccination due to being immunocompromised or even highly allergic to the vaccination. It is for these people that I choose to get vaccinated and if enough of us do that, they will be protected due to herd immunity.

I agree. But we disagree on what that solution looks like. Most of the funding for network news and newspapers comes from Big Pharma. The CDC is not an impartial organization existing to protect people. They make big money on vaccines. Watch Zach Bush, MD’s webinar “What Happened Last Year?” to understand that covid-19 deaths were inflated and many were likely from environmental toxin poisoning, and the SARS cov-2 virus happened to be there as a delivery of the environmental toxins.

ravengrrl:

Also, if they are so secure in their ‘science’ why is Big Pharma leaning on media of all kinds to censor and silence alternative viewpoints?

I’m not fan of Big Pharma. They certainly have much more power than I am comfortable with. Having said that, can you provide a link that serves as the basis for your assertion?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/media-hypes-modernas-covid-vaccine-downplays-risks/

ravengrrl:

I am opting for a resilient and natural immune response.

You do realize that if everyone followed that option, it would mean many more people dying? Which of your parents/grandparents/treasured older relatives and friends would you volunteer to die so that you can achieve a resilient and natural immune response?

Check out “Zach Bush MD: What Happened Last Year?” from Zach Bush, MD on Vimeo.

The video is available for your viewing pleasure at https://vimeo.com/514443386

1 Like

@ravengrrl I don’t think you understand what gene therapy is. the mRNA vaccines are not gene therapies–they have 0 effect on your own genes. Gene therapy involves editing or otherwise altering a person’s DNA. There is literally no possible way for mRNA vaccines to do this. They don’t even work by targeting your gene’s expressions via methylation or such–they don’t have any effects on your genetics at all. What they do is provide plans for your cells to build the spikes on the COVID vaccines and then the mRNA is quickly destroyed. Lasting (both intended and side) effects have nothing to do with genetics, but rather the fact that mRNA vaccines are a much more effective way of inducing an immune response in the body than typical viral vectored vaccines, in which we actually inject killed or inactive viruses into people. I’m not saying there aren’t potential concerns. I am saying though that calling them “experimental gene therapy” is flat out wrong.

Also PCR tests are perfectly fine–they just have high enough false negative rates that they should not be used to clear someone of having COVID. If you test positive on one, you have the virus (there’s pretty much no way to get false positives, besides test contamination). If you test negative though, you most likely don’t but you could–the swab just might have missed the viral particles if you didn’t have a lot in your upper respiratory tract. So tests are great for tracking things like community spread, because over the whole population, we can adjust for likely false negatives and determine how it’s all going–if numbers are rising or falling, it’s very real. They are not great for an individual to figure out if it’s safe to be unmasked around someone else.

5 Likes

Lynn Swiriduk
xxxxxxxxx@gmx.com
xxx-xxx-xxxx

I don’t think it’s a good idea to post personal information. I think this may have been done in error?

I would recommend taking it down.

1 Like

While the vaccines do definitely seem to cut down on how sick you get if you do end up with covid. Everyone still needs to remember it is not a 100% preventative. Variants are going to be playing more and more of a role in that over time too. Plus they now know you can get sick and even seriously sick and maybe die from covid if you’ve been vaccinated, just a lot smaller of a chance of that.

The CDC have just suggested they think maybe people that test positive might not be able to pass it on. But that they are not sure, especially with the variants out there. However that doesn’t make complete sense when you see care homes that have had breakouts of cases and almost everyone was vaccinated. How else are a larger amounts of people in care homes getting it unless they are spreading it amongst their vaccinated selves?

I know it’s not what everyone wants to hear, but vaccinations right now are just a major step to “normal” life, not the complete solution. Just as wearing a mask is one of those steps too.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/over-100-fully-vaccinated-people-115339262.html

I agree that it certainly benefits everyone if everyone is vaccinated.

However, this virus isn’t going anywhere. Our way to a new normal is through vaccines which have been proven to be effective.

There was risk everywhere in our lives all the time before COVID, but we still went to work and lived our lives.

I will continue to wear a mask in public environments to protect people who have not yet had a chance to be vaccinated.

I may wear a mask for some time after that depending on what happens with the variants.

However, I have no plans to wear a mask the rest of my life- certainly not to protect someone who refuses to be vaccinated.

If the risk has been reduced to the level that is present for the seasonal flu and everyone has had a chance to be vaccinated, then my mask is coming off.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, the yahoo article (which is not a good source of information) you referenced said this:

“Out of the 1.2 million people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Washington, epidemiologists have reported evidence of 102 breakthrough cases in 18 counties since Feb. 1, representing less than 0.01% of all fully vaccinated individuals in the northwestern U.S. state. Most cases were patients who experienced only mild symptoms, if any, according to a press release from the Washington State Department of Health.

However, at least eight people with breakthrough cases have been hospitalized. The Washington State Department of Health is also investigating two potential breakthrough cases where the individuals died. Both patients were over 80 years old and suffered from underlying [health] issues.“

8 people were hospitalized. Now I don’t want to discount those experiences, but 8 out of 1.2 million people is 0.00067%.

Getting SARS-CoV2 is not the problem. Getting seriously ill with COVID-19 is the problem. I’m not putting my life on hold to prevent myself from getting a virus that has a low probability of making me or others severely ill.

If you want people to get vaccinated, then tell them the good news! This is our way out of this.

2 Likes

Most Americans can’t balance their checkbook, let alone relate to any kind of fraction or percentage. You hear crazy numbers by all sorts of politicians, news anchors, etc. almost on a daily basis.

This reminds me of something that has stuck with me for decades. Being a numbers guy, over 50+ years ago as I was starting out in business I got on the subject with a labor lawyer and asked him how can someone go through life and not be able to balance their checkbook?

His answer was “Easy, if you have to balance your checkbook, you are just not making enough money” It is funny how small quips and snippets just stay in the back of your mind for life and how I remember this quote every time I hear a ludicrous miss-statement by a political or the media figure.

1 Like

Did you ask him if it hurts to be stupid?

1 Like

@katers87
You are taking your percentage from the total vaccination count. How many people have they actually tested that were fully vaccinated? They do not say that and I bet that number is fairly low. So it is not 102 cases out of 1.2 million. It is not just 8 seriously sick from 1.2 million. I’m not saying getting a vaccine is better than not. But they did not say they retested all 1.2 million people that had been vaccinated. They are investigating it now and I’m sure more cases are out there. Albeit the seriously sick will stand out more, I have less faith in doctors than you in identifying someone with covid that has had a vaccination. A friends boss was told she had the flu and they sent her home, it took them 3 weeks to decide to even test her.

If you are vaccinated and get slightly sick, do you go in for a covid test? I doubt it, I know too many people that got slightly sick not vaccinated and they didn’t go in for testing even when they knew someone that tested positive around them. These were probably people more randomly found, you have to get tested to have surgery, maybe traveling and needed the test. There might even be a random group they decided to do a test after. But it was not all 1.2 million people and I bet not even 1,000. That would fall into more line of about 10% still potentially getting sick of any who got the vaccine. Less or more depending on vaccine, age group etc.

Yahoo is a horrible source. However this was just to point out you still could get sick, you still might be able to pass it on. This was just to point out the vaccine is not the complete answer all. Just as a mask isn’t either.

I am also not one to tell people good news just to get them to do something. To me the more knowledge the better.

1 Like

Back then, we respected our elders so that thought would never even have crossed my mind.

He was the son of an immigrant brick layer, paid his own way through school and became a very successful lawyer. He was able to financially retire in his mid 40’s and was offered a high level directorship by the US government in Africa. Stupid, I hardly think so.

I have worked in so many countries around the world that I learned early on there is always something new to learn, even if practices at first often seem contrary to my knowledge, education and upbringing. It sometimes seems outright eccentric, listening to people, especially of other cultures, and really absorbing their thought process which will rarely change so I find it better to learn something from the exchange rather than belittle them and even think of them as stupid.

3 Likes

@Marie20

I agree that the variants could pose a problem, but we have real world evidence that our vaccines still offer some protection against severe illness from these variants - aside from P1 for which we only have lab tests.

They did regularly test everyone in this study:

The study determined the mRNA vaccines to be 90% effective at preventing infections in fully vaccinated individuals. Note that these are frontline health workers who are likely exposed to the virus more often than others. The study is an “early release” so I think it is still undergoing review.

Sure, but I’m not sure that what you’re focusing on is useful.

Even if the vaccines were not effective at preventing infections, would that matter as long as they prevented severe illness entirely?

Absolutes aren’t appropriate here, but the point is- what actually matters? Infections or illness? My point is that illness is what actually matters. We wear masks until people have an opportunity to get vaccinated and have protection from illness.

There is a lot of whackyness in the original post. I hardly think any logic thrown that direction has a chance of sticking.

I have been performing pcr tests for more than 20 years. I work for the manufacturer of one of those instruments currently.

The theory of PCR is solid. It’s just duplicating dna to get enough dn to test.
Pcr has nothing to do with the actual dna analysis. It’s just the duplication.
Most analyzers are just called pcr instruments. But the science is solid and easily proven.
As for gene therapy, it’s a completely silly thing to say which just means he didn’t understand the concept of what gene therapy is.

This kind of thinking is very much expanding in our culture. It’s a frightening thing.

4 Likes

That’s rough, man. Sorry to hear this!

1 Like