Crazy unpredictable blood sugars

I have been working a whole year, since I became completely blind in my left eye, to get my sugars in the Doctor Bernstein range. December 2011 my A1C was 6.6% and in April 2012 6.5%. My weekly average had come down to 6.0. But then 3 weeks ago, my sugar just went haywire. Usually for 5 grams of carbohydrate, I inject 1 unit of Apidra. Now when I eat 10 grams of carbohydrate and I inject 2 units Apidra my sugar went up to 17.5 mmol/L. I ate low gi carbohydrates?!?!

When I wake up, my sugar is 4.2 mmol/L, so I know it is not my long acting insulin. But my sugar is so unpredictable throughout the day, I don't know when to inject more and when not to?

Then last week I got this huge fibroid in my neck and it was swollen like a golf ball. I thought that maybe I was going to get flu or something, but then on the Friday when I woke up, my eyes were blood red and burning like fire. It turns out I have a viral infection in my eyes.

But now I am wondering, can the eye infection cause my sugars to be so unpredictable for the last 3 weeks? or could it be someting else?

Would appreciate any advice please.