Dad is dying

Oh Lois, am so very sorry for this additional sadness weighing on your heart. Didn’t see this thread until today or would have replied sooner.

Of course it’s hard to cope with. Who could? Made even harder by not being able to leave to see your dad. Just so much a person can take & then the universe dumps even more. Gee, I’m a great cheerer-upper!

Holding you in my heart, sweetie.

Dear Lois
I am sorry that you and your family is going through so much pain and sorrow. There is so much that I want to tell you that will bring comfort and peace of mind to you and your loved ones. But first how are you, your sister and dad doing?

After viewing this column the only thing I thought of was the serenity prayer…

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

–Reinhold Niebuhr

Take care.
David
In loving memory of

Hello Lois,
It is Sunday morning and I tried to call you, no answer. I will try again tomorrow. If at all possible…can you give us an update as to your surgery. A bit worried that you have not updated or replied.
Wishing you well, as always.
Love,
Robyn
xx

HI ALL:

I’m finally able to get online again. I was having trouble getting connected then, all of a sudden, Shazam! it works!! Who the heck knows why??

I appreciate your concern for me, but it’s my bickering family that I worry about, I just pray that my father has accepted rhe Lord as his Savior and that I’ll see him in heaven. It’s nice we can talk about this without bickering about relegious issues not being spoken here.

My sister was in town for two weeks before she called me and let me know that Dad was dying and she had been hospitalized. Kind of hurt me.

I finally had surgery Friday. It went well. The thing that hurts the worst is the skin donor sight and not the graft site!!! Now I am not allowed out of bed for a week How hard is that!!! VERY!!! I have just restarted the hyperbaritreatments. Upon the completion of those, I could get sent back to Mt. Carmel. THEN. home!!!

I still intend to do a blog of my adventure these last two visits, but I’m not quite up to it as of yet!

I’ll have to think over that one proposal of marriage … YES!!!

Happy to hear from you & happier your surgery went well! Was worried because I called & didn’t get an answer. You in the same room?

Wireless connections aren’t the most reliable & am glad you’re on-line.

Understand your sister’s action hurting a lot.

Ugh, a week in bed. Testament to your strong spirit that you’re still sane from this long confinement. I’d be in the psych ward, or they’d having me near comatose on drugs to keep me quiet.

Stay strong, sweetie!

Hi Lois,
So glad that the surgery went well. On the road to full recovery I just know it!
Glad you have the Laptop to keep you busy for that week in bed.:slight_smile:

You will overcome this hurdle with your family, you are stonger than you know.And yes, you will see your father again, I believe he will wait for you to come see him in person.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health from now on.

Love,
robyn

Dear Lois,
So happy to hear you’re thru the surgery and with the grace of God will be healing in light speed time. Now if only the Lord can help your Dad until the two of you can be together. I’m glad especially now you have that Laptop while you have to stay in bed. Not always an easy thing to do.

Take care and best wishes to you and your family.
God Bless.
<3 Joanne

Oh Gerri, you’re so comical!! Guess who came to visit me? My sister from New Jersey!! Had a nice visit. She’s still feeling funky, but otherwise OK. My friend, Peg came right around noon and then my sister with the DR. right behind them. Eitther I have a bunch of people in here or nobody at all.

Robyn, I’ve beeb doing hyperbaric early this weekend. I don’t know what time in the week, though. I hope they still come for me about 7:30. It makes it easier for the rest of the day.

Again, thank you all for your kindness and generosity. Any money left over will go to one of the many I’m incurring in my co-pays!!

Lois

Fantastic your sister came & Peg. Feast or famine, right:)

Does the hospital have any kind of library of DVDs? Thinking you could watch some movies while stuck in bed.

Seriously, the nurses would have me on morphine to shut my cranky mouth so they’d have peace. I’d be climbing the walls & a witch (keeping it PG) to boot! Nurses couldn’t wait for me to be discharged when I was hospitalized for 4 days. If I had known how to detach all the monitors & tubes, I’d have left sooner. I’m not a nice patient. Big surprise, huh?

HAHA Gerri,

I would need somebody to smuggle in some Tequila!

Baby, I’ll smuggle you all the Cuervo you need & to Lois also, if she wants some.

HA HA HA you two! The three of us had better not get together … we’d get arrested!!!

I am still at Select in the same room. Same number and address. I’ve not gotten a card for quite a while. Days are boring without them. I’m tired out right now and it’s only 6:35 p.m. I haven’t done a thing today. I was so tired that I slept right through hyperbaric treatment today. I don’t recall a thing!!!

Lois

Yes, drinking tequila and getting arrested would be alot of fun! Oh man, now I need to shave these darn legs, may need them to bail us out instead of hitch-hiking! :slight_smile:

Take care Lois.

XXRobyn

Think we’d all look cute in matching orange prison jumpsuits. No wait, we’ll have to find a women’s prison that issues purple! Maybe the Las Vegas Women’s Pen?

Sleeping through it sounds like a good plan to me. Of course you’re tired. Look what you’ve been through. Sleep & heal up. We want you outta there pronto!

Oh nooooooooooooo no womens prison! I am not shaving my legs for any women that is for sure! Purple…ummm just tie-dye with grape juice, I will do it for Lois.

Keep sleeping…next thing ya know you will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slight_smile:

Hey Lois, glad your surgery is done, hope that it heals in super quick time so you can escape.
I shall try to send a card this week but heck knows when it’ll arrive as it’s coming to you from the UK x x x

Keep us updated. Lots of love, Jan

Dear, dear Lois, you are right, life is taking a big dump on you right now. My father died this summer, the day before my birthday, and it was tough… and I am sure from your post this isn’t going to be easy for you either… my heart and soul go out to you, and my prayers.

Lois, you need to think about what is best for your health also. If your father raised such wonderful women like you and your sister, he wouldn’t want you to risk your health for him. Can you call him? I am 360 miles from where my father was, and couldn’t get to him…it was very hard, but those phone calls were what we had and we burned up the wires and cyberspace.
Call often, talk as much as he can bear and you can bear. If you don’t get to have surgery tomorrow for your own health reasons, then see of you can go. But, what would your dad want you to do? Would he want you to risk your health and welfare to visit him? Think about that part.

It’s not fair, it’s not right, it’s life, we don’t write the pages, we live them…my prayers are with you, please talk to us when you are feeling down and out…we are here for you…

Cathy J

Okey dokey, the CA girl will tie-dye our uniforms!