Dangerous Doctors?

Well, I got the return receipt from the certified letter that I sent to the Endo. He wanted to know what "qualified" doctors we had lined up for Kira (As if he is the Diabetes God and Judge!). Per our lawyer, we wrote back saying we released him of responsibility for her care, and listed our new family practitioner(MD), our Naturopath, private nutritionist, and family nurse RN.

I guess we will assume it is resolved when we no longer hear from him. God knows what I will do if the DHHS trolls show up at our door.

Nunya, as a friend would say (as in none of your business). Can't use the words I'd like to since this is a family site:)

Hope no one from DHHS knocks on your door. What did your lawyer advise, if they do? Remember that DHHS employees have huge caseloads, are over worked, underpaid & not terribly efficient.

I agree, at least in spirit. I would have been much less polite (and much less forthcoming). BUT: I understand perfectly why her response was so moderate. The objective here is not to hit the guy back -- as gratifying as that might be -- but rather to damp this down and make it go away. She has plenty to deal without having to manage a legal cat fight that could go on for who knows how long. Right answer, if not the most satisfying one.

Nunya was my response to his questioning who the doctors are because it isn't any of his business. Actually, that could be considered confidential medical info. I wasn't suggesting that should have been the response to his letter.

HomeschoolMom.
I would contact HSLDA right away and tell them what you are facing. They just might take this case in their hands or at least advise you what to do if and when.......
Praying for you. You are doing a terrific job with your daughter. Dont back down to this guy.

Thanks for the prayers!! We do have HSDLA on the case, and they advised us to write back with who her team is and politely say we are moving on. They think it is just CYA on their part.

I have been at this for four months....this is the first time in my homeschooling life that I can't wait to "just get back to homeschooling" in June! Well, at least they will all get credit for Nutrition Science + lab work!! LOL

Any updates?