Days ruined by waking up high or low

I have been having a lot of woes when it comes to girlfriends. My diabetes seems to control my confidence. If I wake up with a high BS, that day is shot and vice versa.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else feel as though they have a tough time functioning at work or school even after the BS issue has been resolved.

Not sure what you mean with "If I wake up with a high BS, that day is shot...". I assume you're Type 1 like me, otherwise you shouldn't wake up low. If I wake up with a high BS, I take a correction dose of insulin. I'm on a pump now so it's very easy. When I was on multiple injections I made a chart with my doctor showing how much correction rapid acting insulin to take. -- I'm married and have had intimate relations with my wife when I was above normal BS, but I can't go all the way to the Big O with low BS. My biggest problem with high BS is feeling tired. Being in a meeting and falling asleep is not good, that's what pushed me over to taking a shot before lunch instead of just before breakfast and dinner. Once my BS is in the normal range I function just fine. I eat snacks during the day to keep from going low.

Thanks Fred, when I said confidence I didn't mean I can't perform, I mean I have a tough time approaching girls if I have a low/high BS

I totally understand the low BS part of not being able to approach someone, they'll think your drunk! But high blood sugar, if you keep your eyes open no-one will be able to tell you're abnormal blood sugar reading unless they do a blood test! Not sure even superman could detect high blood sugar on you, but diabetic service dogs are trained for detecting low BS, so maybe they could also detect high BS.

Yes. When I wake too low, I can have problems for at least 12 hrs thinking clearly. Sometimes accompanied with a headache. When I am too high, I don't sleep well, which makes me groggy, plus it dehydrates me, so extra water helps. The lows seem to affect me more if I am low (like hovering around 50 mg/dl) for a long period of time(couple of hours), rather than just 15 to 30 min.

If you can afford it, or if your insurance covers it, you should consider getting a CGM (continuous glucose monitor). Those alarms will help prevent those lows or highs.

I may have the same problem but might feel about it differently.

I may not feel personally very good when out of whack, but I end up throwing myself completely into work etc. as a result.

I'm sure I come off a little abrasive but I actually get more done in such a mood.

I'm sure my abrasiveness in this mode doesn't help with work or personal relationships. But it does help get things done.

On a handful of occasions obviously my bg being out of whack does have other effects on me. Not good when the ambulance paramedics wake me up with a glucagon shot! But this is very very very rare.