DEXCOM and A1C

And I don't even need something attached to my arm to run into a doorway!

Congratulations! :)

Congratulations for taking control! Your drive to better blood glucose exceeds your adoption of the Dexcom CGM. That's the real prize! It's your recognition that you can be effective in controlling your blood glucose.

I love my Dex. When I started on it I dropped from about 7% to 6.5%. Better than that, I allowed me an insight into how food, exercise, and insulin all interact in my life.

Keep up the good work.

Libby, When you look at pumps be aware that while you may be able to get insurance coverage for the pod with hard work and being the squeaky wheel, when you get to the point of using Medicare that pumps will be covered but Omnipod will not be. Has to do with the "disposable pump" issue vs 5 year coverage for DME that Medicare requires.
Also at this point there is no coverage for CGMs so you would be OOP for dexcom.
Not sure if you can swing being OOP for both Dexcom and Omnipod.

Thanks for the advice! It's criminal what happens when you enter Medicare. I have five years to go before that so I hope we can advocate for better coverage in the future.

Working with Byram now. Spoke with my medical group yesterday and also Byram. We'll see!
I also spoke to Omnipod, I could swing payment on my own, however, the rep said that depending on how many days I get from a pod will determine the price. $299 for a 30 days supply of 3 day use. I could swing it, though it wouldn't be easy. PDM is $500 so initial outlay is tough.