DexCom - CGM is it worth my daughter having more low blood sugars in order for her to qualify for one?

Late November, my daughter (6) went through a week long trail for the 7 plus CGM. We came to the conclusion “it was better than slice toast”. On December 3rd we completed all the necessary paperwork to obtain one for her and turned it in to the clinician who faxed it over to DexCom headquarters.
Weeks went by and then finally on Jan 6th I called DexCom. I spoke with a sales support agent who said that she wasn’t my rep, but stated that in the notes from the dr. office we did not want the product and this was just a trial run. Unbelievably so not true! Thus I was incredibly upset and reflected this to the rep and requested our sales support person give me a call the following day as I wanted to know who she spoke to at the dr.’s office – as I could not believe they would relay this information to DexCom. The following day I followed up with the dr.’s office and this is not what was relayed to DexCom. Then I received a phone call on my cell phone from my rep stating that somehow the information was incorrectly commuicated to them. HA
So I contacted DexCom and they stated the dr.’s office gave them a disconnected phone number as they tried calling me on December 10th. Well I stated back to my so wonderful rep that why didn’t she try my cell phone, as she had the correct number as she left me a message that morning. Dah! She then went on to tell me that it was a data entry error and that they would submit the request to the insurance company. I told her I wanted to know why a decision that we didn’t want the product was made without the customer (my) input. She stated they try not to call customers. Wow this makes sense to me, why would I want to call a customer to sell a product? She also advised me during our conversation that our insurance covered the product at 100% so there would be no out of pocket costs but that she needed some paperwork from me and took down my email address to send it to me. I responded back to her that the clinician had all the paperwork and that I’d email her what was turned in to the clinician over a month ago! Can you feel my frustration here? I then called my insurance company to see if in fact DexCom had contacted them as I at this point didn’t trust the sales rep I was talking to. I also contacted her manager, who could have cared less, and I’m holding my breath waiting for a return call from him! I think I’m turning purple! The insurance company rep told me that they had called and quoted them yesterday – on Weds January 6th. Thursday January 7th came and went with no news. Then on Friday I was sent an email from the DexCom rep stating…
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 12:15 PM
To: Cc:
Subject: DEXCOM
Good Morning ,

I called Anthem this morning to check on the status of J ’s Authorization. It is pending and the case number is 100070559 I spoke with there and she stated they have two days to review. I will follow up on Monday if I don’t hear anything before then. Thank you.

So I responded thanking her for being finally proactive and that if I could be of further assistance to let me know.

Fast forward to later that afternoon, ½ hour before my insurance company closes for the weekend.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: DEXCOM

We just received a phone call from at and per the medical director J was denied because she does not show ongoing low blood glucose levels below 50. She can be reached at . At this point a letter was sent out and we will have to appeal. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

You have got to be kidding me! Well I’m not going to accept this. I’m going to fight for what’s best for my daughter….


p.s. I will keep you posted on how I make out.