Dexcom Continuous glucose monitor

Hi

I have had a dexcom Seven plus CGM for 3 days now. My doctor has temporarily lent it to me just to try if I like it and want to join the club of Dexcom users. The thing is that i don't feel very comfortable with it attached to my body.I have been using injections so far so I am not used to a syringe inside my body. I do a lot of sport (mostly basketball and soccer, I'm Spanish! ) and find the cgm uncomfortable when I turn round or move or fight for a ball. So, my question is : does this feeling only happen at the beginning while you are not used to it or you will be always conscious of having something attached to your body?
The first two days the readings were not very accurate but following your tips I was able to get more accurate
readings today.
Thanks for your answers . I have just known about you though I have had diabetes for 6 years now but I think you will know about me from now on. Happy diabetes day!

I found that the first couple days I was very conscious about the sensor and now I don’t even notice that it is on me. The sensor can be extremely accurate if it in the proper part of the body, but it is very sensitive to agitation or pressure against it, these things will cause it to be inaccurate. Everyone seems to have different results as to where on the body yields the best readings. I can get two weeks of extremely accurate readings using the upper abdomen, but lower abdomen, lower back, inner thigh have not given the same result. It will take a bit of trial and error to get Dexcom working properly and it is very frustrating when the readings are not accurate, but it is an amazing device when it is working and I would suggest that you stick with it.