Dexcom G5 - turning off after stopping sensor

It was definitely a good thought and worth trying. Nice that you have the replacement. At this point, my approach with the receiver is JUST DON’T TURN IT OFF.
:slight_smile:

Technical support seemed to say that this bug hits pretty randomly and can be triggered by static electricity, dropping receiver, etc. They also strongly recommended using the leather protective case to protect the receiver.

Of course, now they don’t give the leather case. At least, I didn’t get one. Fortunately I have an old one.

I have always turned off (Shutdown) Dexcom receivers for two reasons. Once, when i am going to do something like swim and be out of range for a long time. The other time is in the middle of the night when the receiver keeps beeping for lows, but I have taken ample corrections and my meter shows me in range. I have never had a problem turning the receiver back on,

That being said, all of this is for G4 and G4 Share receivers. I have upgraded receivers to G5 but rarely used them because I use the phone. In fact because I by error recently got a free G4 transmitter from Tandem/Dexcom, I am very sad not to have a G4 Share receiver. I am postponing using Medicare coverage for Dexcom as long as possible because of the stupid Medicare restrictions on smartphone use,