Dexcom Important Customer Notification

"Dear Valued Dexcom Customer,

Dexcom monitors product complaints through our quality program where we have noticed an increase in complaints for audible alarms and alerts associated with Dexcom Receivers (Dexcom G4 PLATINUM, Dexcom G4 PLATINUM Pediatric, Dexcom G4 PLATINUM Professional, Dexcom G4 PLATINUM w/Share, Dexcom G4 PLATINUM w/Share Pediatric and Dexcom G5).

As such, we are notifying all Dexcom customers that you may not receive an intended audible alarm or alert if you are relying on hearing the alarm or alert. As a result, you may not detect a severe hypoglycemic (low glucose) or hyperglycemic (high glucose) event."…

Details here:

2 Likes

Yep I had that problem recently with my receiver, sometimes alarm was audible sometimes not. I thought maybe I just wasn’t hearing it so paid closer attention and it was malfunctioning, they sent me a new one. I did not get mine wet or drop it.

Thank you Karen! I am having the same issues in addition to losing the upper range (high) line on the Trend Graph. I went to the link you provided and submitted for a replacement. Hopefully all will be well when I receive the replacement.

Mark

1 Like