Dexcom receiver failure

A software update to fix exactly what problem? We have been discussing three different things here

My guess is the issue which bricks the receiver. That is a pretty big problem. Anything non-critical would not likely be worth the trouble to deploy an update.

I’d say anything that keeps the screen from turning on is also critical

The problem you described resolved by itself.

Bricking the receiver does not resolve and requires an exchange if under warranty.

Look at it from the business perspective of Dexcom.

My point is that there is no guarantee that a blank screen is going to resolve itself in moments. Besides which, they promised to replace the receiver if it ever does it again. I don’t want to get into splitting hairs about what is a critical failure and what isn’t.

I was told by a Dexcom Helpdesk tech that a software update to correct the bricking problem was coming towards the end of the year. They were still doing beta testing. If you do happen to brick your receiver on a Friday, ylu could always load XDrip/XDrip+ and run that instead. Better transmitter life too!

1 Like

Dave - if you want to argue the point that is fine.
The business reality is that equipment which is exchanged under warranty has a larger business impact than a different issue which self-resolves in 10 minutes.

@El_Ver - That is a good point and a valid work around.

I thought I made it clear in my last post I didn’t want to argue about it

How did we get updates?

Dexcom Update tool is available once you sign into your Dexcom acct. Just go to Support/Dexcom Update Tool

1 Like

It’s happened to me with two different receivers. The first one was replaced immediately by Dexcom. When it happened with the second one, I was able to get it to come back on after unplugging and replugging the charger. I called Dexcom after it happened with the second one and they tried to blame it on me. They finally offered to replace it but I declined since I was able to get it working again. I’m guessing it’s crappy software since its happened with 2 different receivers. The 2nd one, I’d only had for about a month when it happened.

2 Likes