Dexcom

Is it normal for the area around the black dots on the g6 sensor to be dislodged or loose? I have never had this happen before right after putting a new sensor on. Thanks

I have been using the Dexcom g6 sensors for almost 4 years and have never seen any black dots around them. Could you please explain.

1 Like

The two black dots you see inside your sensor are the pins that mate up with your transmitter when you insert the transmitter into the sensor. Those two black dots are attached to a hinged plastic plate and it is normal for the plate to move up and down, however, the plate should not come loose (dislodge) from the sensor. These 2 dots are attached to the wire that goes into your body so if the plate gets dislodged from the sensor, you will most likely not get a good electrical connection when you install your transmitter.

The hinged plate only moves up and down in one direction. If it does more than that, use another sensor. Those of us who presoak our sensors are aware that the plate can get entangled in a piece of clothing or elsewhere until the transmitter is inserted into the sensor, so we are careful and some even cover the sensor during presoak.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

It may be @Rachel1 is asking about the black contacts in the sensor that connect to the transmitter. I did a GOOGLE image search on G6 sensors and finally found this image.
This is from another diabetes forum. The person had the adhesive pad come loose from the sensor body.

If those black dot come lose it would probably disconnect the transmitter from the sensor.

2 Likes

yes, this is what I meant

1 Like

thank you, definitely helps to know that

1 Like