Diabetes 2 - one story that may help someone

And yeah, the dietician they sent me to recommended 45g carb per meal plus two snacks of 15g each!!! At breakfast I can do 15g ONLY if I also have >=20g protein and >=20g fat at the same time. By lunchtime I can have a little more carb if I also balance the fats and protein, and by dinner I can even have more carb than protein or fat. I’m on about 1900 calories, 20% carb, 50-60% fat (trying to limit saturated fat to <25g) and 20-30% protein, just because I figured out my BG works that way. I have lost 35 pounds eating this way in the 6 months since my diagnosis. I eat lots of nuts and other Omega-3 fat, and within a week of starting this diet found my joint pain very much improved and my fibromyalgia also improved; I am WAAAYYY more flexible now than I was 6 months ago. I still weigh 214, but am starting to exercise by stretches and am looking forward to starting swimming soon.

Thanks for the yogurt info, will give it a try. I did use the greek Fage, but even with two Tbs. my sugar soot up too much. So maybe the straining will work. Thanks a bunch
Lucy

@Lucy_Lintymer, congratulations on all your efforts!

Fiber is great for slowing down blood sugar spikes.

Where do you purchase the Mormodica (Bitter Melon) supplement ?

Hello Lucy! Thanks for your story so far. Believe me you are helping me already! Keep it up. :smiley:

Are you taking vitamin D for osteoarthritis???If so how much. I am taking glucosamine for osteo and my blood sugar has moved up despite increase in Insulin dose. After reading your post, i shall stop Glucosamine from tomorrow.