Diabetes affects fingerprints...?

So, I had to have my fingerprints done recently. I showed up at the sheriff’s station, gave them my print cards and paid my money. The guy was all cheery and polite… until I had to show him my hands. He asked what all the “dots” on my left hand fingers were from so we had a little conversation about diabetes, the pump, testing… blah blah blah. Then, he says, “oh, well that’s going to make the prints bad and there’s nothing I can do about it. The prints probably won’t turn out and you’ll have to come back up here to do it again.” (oh- and pay again!) I was kind of shocked. I’ve had my prints done about 7 times (no, I’m not a criminal!) and I’ve never been told that before… my prints have always turned out fine. I hope they turn out this time… otherwise, what will I do? Stop testing for a month so my fingers can heal and then get prints done???

Anyone ever heard of that being true?? Do finger sticks really mess up fingerprints???

Wow, that’s the first I’ve heard of this. I’m in total shock. I will be anxious to see if anyone else has experienced this…

I’ve had to have my fingerprints done twice in the last 4 years by homeland security and there was no problem whatsoever, despite my pincushioned fingertips! Maybe you can ask for someone else, and you definitely should not have to pay again! What if you were there as a criminal? Would they tell you to come back again?!

I had to have mine done for a job once, they were done digitally and showed up on a computer monitor while they were doing them. It was crazy to see my dotted fingerprints magnified so large!

I’ve wondered if our “dotted” fingerprints make us harder or easier to identify…