Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning

Here is a little game. In the past 3+ years I have seen many people feel very sad when they found out they had diabetes (I felt the same way, when I was diagnosed back in 2002).

Here is the game: complete the phrase
"Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning..."

I will start:
Diabetes is the beginning of a new life.

Diabetes is the beginning of truly appreciating the wonderful things I do have.

Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning a new adventure.

Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning of learning to live a healthy life and achieving things I never thought I would be able to.

Diabetes is the beginning of new friendships :slight_smile:

Diabetes is not the end, is the beginning of a inside journey

Diabetes is the beginning of a new perspective.

Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning of a new normal

Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning of an opportunity to serve others in a new capacity

Diabetes is the beginning of a new life where every day you wake up thinking “I’m glad I am here” :slight_smile:

Ditto to that!

Diabetes is the beginning of really feeling one again. Along with the fact you find new friends.

Diabetes is not the end; diabetes is the catalyst we sometimes need to take our lives in the direction they’re meant to go.

diabetes is not the end but the begining…allowing myself to really see the impermanence!

Diabetes is the beginning of putting yourself first for a change.

Diabetes is the beginning of no longer putting off my future

Diabetes is not the end. Diabetes is the beginning… Of proving what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and smarter then before!

Way to true!

Thank you :o) i feel everyone here each time they come on this site and reads something gets alittle bit smarter then before! granted we might not be normal meaning we cant eat everything we want but we all are a lot smarter then “normal” people…

Yes, I agree – as I’ve said before elsewhere on this site, diabetes is a “smart” disease. By that I mean that having it makes you more knowledgeable about your body than the average guy/girl – you yourself are ultimately responsible for managing it, and understanding what your body does. No small feat.

Thank-You for starting this Manny. It makes you stop and think about the positive side too. Thanks again. S