Diabetes Sisters study

All women with diabetes are invited to join a research study at DiabetesSistersVoices.org: a space for women living with diabetes to network, share resources, pose questions and participate in important discussions to better understand research and healthcare priorities. Research information: Principal Investigator: Wendy L. Bennett, MD, MPH; Application No.: IRB 00103847.

What is DiabetesSistersVoices?

DiabetesSistersVoices is an online community for women living with, or at risk of, diabetes. Women can ask questions, share experiences and search for resources. Voices in this community will help researchers to better understand what health topics are most important, and what types of research are needed to improve the health and care of women living with diabetes.

Who is involved in the project?

We created the DiabetesSistersVoices through a collaboration between DiabetesSisters, The Johns Hopkins University, The University of North Carolina, TrustNetMD and our Stakeholder Advisory Board of women and diabetes advocates.
What is the goal of the project?

Our goal is to provide an interactive, engaging website for women with diabetes where they can discuss what is important for improving their health and well-being in order to better guide the research community.
We will be collecting your top research and health care questions for a final report: The Patient-Centered Women’s Health and Diabetes 10Q. This report will help policy-makers, advocates, researchers, clinicians and other groups to better understand what priorities in research should be.
Who can participate?

If you are an adult female, have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes or gestational diabetes, you are eligible to participate in this study.

• Enrollment time: Now – Feb 2017
• Go to our website: www.diabetessistersvoices.org, click “Register”.
• Complete screening and online consent form and survey.

Who is funding this project?

This project was funding through an engagement award from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI).

2 Likes

This post has been approved by TuDiabetes Administration

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that DiabetesSistersVoices is going really well. Thank you so much for posting about it here. We’ve got some great conversations happening over there and we would love to have more woman with all types of diabetes join us.

I serve as the site moderator over there, and I’d be more than happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the site and the study.

Thanks a million!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Karen_Graffeo! So happy you popped in to say hello. Glad to share all the amazingness of Diabetes Sisters! I linked from our FB page as well. Big Hugs.

1 Like

Thanks a million for all the support!!