Diabetes Study

I have recently joined TuDiabetes, and Is far as I can tell, I am considered pre-diabetic. My BGL counts are now in the low 6's range, for the past couple of years. Doctors have not yet told me I have Diabtetes, and I am scheduled to do another glucose challenge test, as my HbA1c was 6.1 in February 2012.

Four years ago, I started a PhD in Business-Information Systems at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Due to my health conditions, I decided to focus on eHealth, specifically the use of technology to help chronic diseases, such as Type 2 Diabetes.

I am at the point in my PhD studies where I am collecting data, and I need the participants in my study to be people with Type 2 Diabetes.

My question to the group is this. Is it acceptable to ask members of TuDiabetes to participate in my study? I don't want to go against any policies of TuDiabetes or potentially upset any members. To be clear, this study is not a drug trial or anything like that. It is simply a set of questions that participants would answer online after watching a video about Diabetes and Personal Health Records. The data will be used by me in completing my thesis, and hopefully, may also be used to help people with Type 2 Diabetes self-manage the chronic disease.

I just want to be sure that this is acceptable use of TuDiabetes. Can anyone advise me?

Would it be useful to direct your question to the TuDiabetes Team ? : at the very bottom of this page , right hand side , dark shaded colour ," Contact Us " should get you there .