Diabetics in the GTA?

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any diabetics here in the greater Toronto area? I am new to the province and would like to discuss doctors and educators!

For a second there I thought you meant Grand Theft Auto.

Hi
I don’t live in the gta but my endo is there. She is the best doc I’ve ever dealt with - ever! I have had Type 1 for almost 42 years. Dr. Diane Donat at UHN (former Toronto General)

Best,
Andrea

That is great info Andrea. Do you know if she is accepting new patients? You wouldn't happen o have an email for her office would you?

Hey!

I've got lots of connections in the GTA mostly through a group I'm involved with: Connected in Motion. It might be worth asking on the CIM FB page too... I bet you'll get lots of recommendations. (www.facebook.com/connectedinmotion).

My recommendation would be Dr. Bruce Perkins. Although he's not my endo, he's someone I really admire and he happens to be living with T1 too, which I find so appealing. I know him outside of the clinical setting and he's just fantastic. Last I heard, though, his new patients weren't getting in until May :(

And welcome to the area! I bet we'll connect before long :)