Did a really stupid thing

Does anyone know what Dexcom Company does when someone does a stupid thing like I did this morning…mainly my Dexcom fell out of my pocket into the toilet. Now it is obviously not working. I retrieved it instantly but it wasn’t fast enough. Sigh…this is just not what I needed to happen to me this week on top of everything else bad that has already happened. I could just cry :frowning: :frowning:

Put the receiver in a covered bowl of rice for at least 24 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture, and you might be able to get it working again.

You pay for a replacement… water damage is NOT covered by the warranty :frowning:

I wear mine in a spibelt… I’ve had way too many close calls with it in my pocket!

Thanks, I will try this. I am so distraught over my own stupidity.

I’m sorry to be ignorant, but what is a spibelt? I am aware that water damage is NOT covered by warranty. If only I wasn’t so stupid.

It wasn’t stupidity - it was an accident. It’s not like you dropped it in the toilet to see what would happen (that would have been stupid).

Seriously, the rice trick has worked for me on other electronics (I was once tossed into a pool while carrying a cellphone).

I don’t know about spibelt, but Verizon has a perfect cellphone carrier which fits Dex for $1.97 including shipping.
See http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessories?action=accessoryDetailsByAccessoryAndPhone&accessoryId=28429&phoneId=3076

Thank you so much for the Verizon link for the carrier. I ordered one and hopefully my next Dexcom will not meet the same fate as this one did. I could use the cellphone carrier to hang it on a hook in the bathroom while showering or using the facility.

It wasn’t stupid. It was an accident. I almost did the same thing about a week ago! It missed the toilet by about 2 inches. That was a close one. I really need to use my Spibelt. Especially at night time.