Disconnect during take off and landing?

No No Noooooo - fly all the time - if this were a thing - there would be literature on it from the manufacturers.

2 Likes

Some people have troubles with sugar levels just from traveling - time zones, changes in eating patterns and foods. I wonā€™t say that it isnā€™t possible, but I would be thinking something else is much more likely.

1 Like

I to travel a lot and have for years. I find that pretty much everything about air travel is likely to mess with blood sugars to some extent: time zone changes, getting up early to make it to the airport, being tired, airport food, stressā€¦
I doubt that the cabin pressure change is any worse that any of that. I recommend watching your CGM or checking regularly while your flying and just rolling with the chaos.

1 Like

Only thing Iā€™ve experienced is when I travel to Ohio from Florida. Going from sea level to higher elevations, your body works harder to breath, thus, donā€™t need as much basal for a week or two until your body adjusts. No effects for me when I fly back to Florida.

1 Like