dLife - Your Diabetes Life - Where Has The Vision Gone?

I can remember, a few years ago, looking forward to watching another 30 minute dLife program on Sunday nights on CNBC TV. This unique and diabetes focused program seemed like the beginning of a way to bridge the gap in patient (and family) access to education and support in diabetes. No other energy has ever had the capable capacity to capture the attention of literally millions of people with or at risk for diabetes. They always had phenomenal guests and stories that gave the viewers a strong feeling that they were not alone in their fight and plight with diabetes and that in order to survive a longer, healthier existence with diabetes, they needed to come to a key understanding, that diabetes control starts with education and activity. I first met dLife founder, Howard Steinberg at a Diabetes and Exercise conference(DESA) and was really quite impressed with his goal of national and global connectivity within the fractured diabetes community. One thing for sure, and this was as true 20 years ago as it is today, the key to avoiding diabetes complications is tight glycemic control. Yet the avenues available to educate the epidemic/pandemic numbers of people living with and at risk for developing diabetes are becoming more inviable that available. I'm not sure what happened to dLife. I know Howard left over 2 years ago and some of the investors took control. I don't know why a program with so much promise and impact has seemingly gone underground with a website (www.dlife.com) that is getting weaker and an internet only broadcast of limited viewing coverage. As a former employee of several diabetes technology and education companies, I'll be the first to admit that companies have a right to make money or sell the company. However, once Howard was gone, dLife seemed to lose it's way and it's soul, because he, (like many of us) have lived with diabetes for most of his life, and knows how to deliver the the type of content we all need to survive. I heard dLife was sold several months ago; Too bad!!! In the end, dLife is just another quality effort to provide people with diabetes a better life that has been eaten alive by the greedy business people and this that put their heart and soul into were helpless to do anything about it. Such a huge disappointment to those of us who had the privilege to be there in the beginning and see the level of impact grow.