Do you have type 2 diabetes and use insulin? Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to our group KSBIKER. Please feel free to join in. If you have questions please ask. If you have any wisdom you would like to share please do. We are all here to support and learn from each other and thats best done when we join the conservation. Again welcome.

Gary S

I'd like to welcome Chrissy and Lew.

Sorry it took a while to approve your membership, I've been ill in the hospital and unable to log in.

Hi Deb, welcome to the group!

Hi Jim, welcome to the group!

I'm still having antibiotic IV treatments at home. Still ill, but hanging in there. Not well enough to log in much. Just wanted to say hi.

It’s good to hear from you Emmy. I was beginning to really worry about you. I pray that you will continue to make progress toward full recovery

Gary

Welcome Michelle!

Hi Emmy, it looks like our ranks are growing. I would like to welcome all our new members

Gary

Welcome to Marfem and Richard

Welcome Marfem, Welcome Richard. Glad to have you both aboard.

After years of unstable sugars, trying hard, giving up, not exercising, consistent exercise about all I got out of it was the need for 2 knee replacements and proper H from the Diabetic nurse I will be seeing on Tueday.I have had a gastric stapling which I consider to be a failure as it is just about impossible for me to live with due to gastroparesis causing my sugars to seriously fluctuate.I have also turned away from wheat, dairy, diet sugar.They hint they might take me off the Humalog 75/25 and put me on Lantus with a fast acting one for meal times. I fear weight gain. I heard it said: No matter how hard I exercise I can't lose weight" This is supposely true of all insulins. The gastric stapling was supposed to be the cure all for my weight issue. Is my dream of a normal weight going to die too?At thispoint I feel like this is a living hell.

Your dream of a normal weight doesn't need to die. Insulin will not cause weight gain if your diet is right for you. Insulin will only cause weight gain if too many carbs are eaten.

You might want to read Dr Bernstiens book. I think its called The Total Diabetic Solution or something simular. It teaches amoung other things how to eat a low carb diet.

As far as switching from 75/25 that is a good step. It will allow you to taylor you insulin to your needs instead of trying to use a one size fits all like 75/25. If it were me I would ask for that one. 75/25 tries to solve everyones problems with the same formula and it could also be the reason for your fluctuating blood sugars. We are all different and long to short acting insulin ratio is different for each but with 75/25 your stuck with the same mix.

Switching from 75/25 to a bolus/basal (long and short insulin) plan requires more work on your part but the outcome should far exceed what your getting now.

Gary

Hi CS, welcome to the group!

Hi Leonard, welcome to the group!

Thanks Emmy

Hi CS, Hi Leonard, I want to second Emmy's Welcome. We love the talkative kind here so please don't be shy. We welcome any questions or wisdom you might have.

Gary

Hi Bill, welcome to the group!

I recieved a note from Emmy today. She is still having a rough time. Everyone please keep her in your prayers

Hello Bill, Welcome

Hi sbnunnally, welcome to the group!