Do you use syringes or insulin pens? Introduce yourself here!

Hi!

About how long should it take for me to get my Hemoglobin A1c results?

Thanks.
M.

At my clinic I get a note to check my on-line information, so it's usually only a couple of days. I also get a note from the my Diabetes Support Team but snail-mail takes a little longer.

Were I you and I thought things were moving too slowly I'd have a chat with your medical folks.
I view managing my diabetes as my job, and I am The Boss. In that role my success depends on using all of the resources available to me, which includes my medical support team. I expect them to call me on my failings (although I have very few of those), and I in turn will point out theirs.
Hope that helps - Guy

I usually have the blood drawn 2 or 3 days before my 90 day doctor appointment. That way the results are available by the time I go in for the appointment. They are then posted online where I can view them at leisure.

Has anyone ever injected the wrong type of insulin? Silly me, I took 19u of novolog instead of lantus. I've been checking my bs every 20 minutes and drinking regular soda. ?...

Yep I think everyone has been there once or twice. Yeah ur doing the right thing. Im sure u will be fine

Thanks FionaT1! Everything turned out fine.

Hi patti. I think we've all done this at least once, then tried to find ways to prevent it's happening again. I put two heavy rubber bands around my Levemir pen so it will be different from my Apidra pen. I'm glad this situation turned out OK for you. Btw, I would suggest that you go to the General Forum on the Homepage or the chat room for emergencies, you should get quick and probably multiple responses in them.

Thanks Trudy!

same here! i am afraid of it lol

Technically, most pumpers use syringes (when there’s a problem with an infusion set). Having your basal insulin not being delivered turns into a problem VERY quickly.

Hi there

I have been on insulin injections for the last 45 years. I reduse to wear a pump after several episodes of infected sites and sticky glue reactions. I am so happy on insulin injections. I had my pancrease removed after endocrine carcinoma destroyed it, leaving me a chronic diabetic, but Im still here!! I only take 20units of Lantus in the morning and use actrapid during the day as required. Although I have been on insulin injections for so long Im still not sure about guessing the doses I need so I have found the most useful tool for my diabetes is to use a diabetic app. I use PredictBGL. (I have no affiliation with this app and dont stand to gain any profit, but I use it and I have perfect BGL’s now). I enter my BGL, my carbs Im about to eat and it calculates the insulin dose I need. It relieves the pressure of guessing how much insulin to take and yes Im still finger pricking too, but it all works for me.