Doctor seems to not be much help!

Gerri, so glad no hear that it’s not just me with the “diabetic education classes” LOL !! and even though I registered but did not attend I was still billed $600 for series of classes… Oh my …

I completely agree with you that you just cannot place your health in the hands of anyone but yourself and your family – Not saying that Dr.'s are “bad” but some are too busy or maybe just try a “one fits all” solution that proves effective for only a small % of patients … IDK…

You know… My daughter has always been very opposed to a pump… Since she was dx’d she just seems to be afraid of everything that has to do with medical … But recently she has expressed interest in getting a pump… I think she likes the idea of being able to control her db more by herself… One of her little friends has a pump and she wants one just like his —

We are looking into the Animas Ping now… but … we do have sucky insurance !!! Our deductible for durable medical equip is 2K, so I don’t know what kind of bottom line figures they will come back with… I think they will allow us to break it into 10 pmts so that may help, but geeez … we spend between $400-$600 mo already just on her meds and supplies… of course that includes her needles which we won’t use with a pump but there will be other things to buy I’m sure ???

I’m glad to hear that you have done so well with the pump…it is encouraging – Does it bother you being “connected” all the time ??? That is what my daughter is afraid of …(being connected to something all the time and getting tangled up in the tubing) Where do you put your pump when you sleep and during the day ??? her pants are probably to tight for a “pocket fit” I am clueless about what will work best for that … She is still little and runs around a lot ,I found this strap thing that kind of looks like a fanny pack but I’m afraid it will bounce around too much if she runs or jumps… any suggestions ??? Do you have a resource for accessories ???

Oh Sam… It sounds like you have done a good job self educating… Keep up the good work and I hope you can find a good Endo here in the States soon !!!

I agree with you…and so appreciate you… because you are a pediatrician being here !!!

Sohair,
Do not feel ashamed … You are here listening to concerns and making a difference in the lives of many people… we need more like you !!!

Tarra,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother… Same thing happened to me…my mom passed at 54 with advanced cancer… she had T2 since she was 35 and they were continually treating her for a kidney infection (???) Hello !!! You just want to knock them in the head !!! (with something very hard) LOL !!!

I went through a lot of anger when my mom passed, it took me about 5 years after her death until I felt some degree of “normal” again… I truly hope this is different for you !!! I just felt so cheated because she died so young… I’m sure you feel the same way —

I am glad you realize that you are the one who has to care about and be responsible for your own “end results” —

I wish you the best with your db mgmt and much love and peace in dealing with your mom’s passing –

Terry that was perfect. Communication styles make all the difference and I think a lot of us still have that old mindset drilled into our heads not to question the doctor, blah blah blah.
Once an internist got up and just left the room without saying anything. I thought maybe he was going to vomit or something. A minute later the nurse came in and said “here’s your lab slip”. I asked where Dr S was and she replied, “well, he’s with the next patient - you’re done”. I nearly tore the magazine rack off the wall.