Does anybody use xDrip+ Nightscout + NSClent + HAPP Android App?

I am a Dexcom G5 and Omnipod user. I upload to Dexcom servers via Apple Device. I currently have a Nightscout site (version 0.8.5). Although work is being done to try to crack the commands for Omnipod, I know that there is a way to use the (already existing) OpenAPS formula to manually make recommended basal changes with notifications and use with Android Wear watch.

Long story short, I haven’t come across a clear way of setting this up and was wondering if anyone else has gone down this road.

xDrip + Nightspot + NSClent + HAPP Android App?

No thanks, both my knowledge of computer science and time are limited, and my daughter’s Dexcom G5 + OmniPod + iPhone are nearly more than I can already handle! I can’t join the ranks of “We are not waiting” (although I salute those who have!) I’ll just have to wait for the commercial release of an AP and make do (or is it “due”?) in the meantime… :disappointed:

Bradford, you are more determined and motivated than I, and I wish you the best in your herculean endeavors! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not looked at HAPP. To be honest, I do not think that manually following recommended basal changes would be a practical solution. That aside, you may look at what people are doing on the HAPP gitter channel, timomer/HAPP - Gitter, and post questions there.

1 Like

@rgcainmd #WeAreNotWaiting started with just getting CGM data into the cloud to make it easier for parents to keep tabs on their kids… it was not and is still not limited just to those seeking to do a DIY closed loop. Many argue that dexcom share development was sped up because of this movement - and speculate that we might still be waiting if they hadn’t paved the path.

I have used Nightscout for the past 9 months (primarily to get better alarms at night since I don’t like having the sound on my phone on, but also to get a few extra features on my Pebble watch)… I have only been running a closed loop for the past 6 weeks.

3 Likes

I believe the same: that Dexcom Share came to market sooner that it would have otherwise because of the “We are not waiting” movement. And for that I am extremely grateful!

1 Like