Don't Eat That!

This made me smile :)

I've worked for the same organization for the past 10 years. I admit that I've been known to skip holiday office pot-lucks because they are all Southern comfort food carb fests Paula-Deen-style.

However, I've seen a change in the general mindset of these gatherings now ever since our HRM department started a fitness/healthy eating challenge. They put up posters everywhere encouraging people to move more and eat more veggies. The organization bought every employee a pedometer to measure the number of steps per day and set up a competition for those who chose to participate.

So now I'm more likely to hear "can you eat this?" and that makes me feel like they're being considerate.

OK, I'll bite 15 carbs. Did you use chocolate worms to catch this one?

Before I retired, I worked in a very social office where people continually brought in "goodies" and there were often potluck lunches. I just took my own food. The other diabetics in the office always tried "just a little" of everything. I have never cared what other people eat, but I got to be a thorn in everyone's side because I wouldn't touch the donuts, cookies, etc. I'd hear, "Well, the other people eat them, and they're diabetic!" I get the same thing at family dinners, where half the people are T2s and most of the food on the table is inedible in my opinion. Maybe I have more of an attitude than I think I do, because it seems to rub people the wrong way. Or maybe they just don't want a reminder that what they're eating is not good for anyone. No one ever has to tell me not to eat something. I have to bite my tongue a lot not to say that to other people.

I'd be looking forward to your apple walnut blue cheese salad too - sounds great! ;)

:-)

No carbs in tongue, I guess! My office has food around all the time, and with my sweet tooth it can be tough, but no one plays food police for anyone else, and that's the way I like it. I pack my own lunch every day, and if I decide to join in at a party and have a treat I bolus for it and enjoy it. (The rest of the time I get to feel virtuous.)