Dreaded DKA

Just got back from an almost 12 hour stay at the E.R. After 11 years with d I finally fought DKA. Nothing to be proud of, don’t think I’m bragging. Because, oh goodness, I don’t ever want to go through that again. No fun. Two IV bags, Catscan, Ultrasound, Blood gas…All non-fun stuff. So I went in there for a high level and ketones. And came out with an ovarian cyst (nothing serious…thank goodness!). Ugh…today was not my day. I have no pain or anything like that. Which is fantastic! But I am going to have all these extra doctor appointments. And I have hopes that I will not have any pain…crosses fingers…So, I am going to rest up for work tomorrow. And get ready to schedule about 5 doctor appointments! Well, not quite that many, but you get the point! So, I’m off…
Here’s to better non-dka and pain free days,
Sugarrbabie

Ugh, I am so sorry you had such a rotten day. Sounds like they took care of you and got everything squared away pretty quickly --thank goodness. I had a few episodes of DKA when I was little and always had to stay in the hospital for a few nights. Just be sure to keep a close eye on your bg’s for the next several hours to make sure you don’t end up back there!! Maybe you should take it easy and take the day off from work tomorrow?
Good luck,
Katie I.

Yes, I was double thinking the work thing tomorrow…if i go in i’m going to go in late. Thank goodness I work in a family business, so it’s totally understood!

Sorry to hear about the DKA. No it is no fun at all and should be avoided if at all possible! Hope that you feel back to normal soon!

Know that you are in my prayers. I hope that all is well with you now but will continue to pray for you. I am going to keep up on your blogs to check up on you now. Who knows, maybe on FACEBOOK you will get a major SuperPoke to see how yuo are doing.